a global development consulting firm, seeks applications from qualified
candidates for the position of M&E Manager for the Kenya Integrated
Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (KIWASH) project.
Kenya Integrated Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (KIWASH) Project is a
five-year, USAID-funded project to improve lives and health through the
development and management of sustainable water, sanitation, and hygiene
services in Kenya.
purpose is to institutionalize catalytic models of sustainable service
delivery for accelerated water and sanitation access in nine target
counties and to improve complementary hygiene behaviors.
The M&E Manager will design and manage systems for data collection, monitoring and evaluation, and knowledge management.
will ensure that the project team generates data and learns from
project activities on an ongoing basis to identify the highest return
opportunities, ensure effective knowledge management, inform the
project’s adaptive management approach, and improve program
accountability and effectiveness.
- Develop and roll-out the KIWASH knowledge management strategy, including development and dissemination of materials;
- Oversee development of the KIWASH Performance Management Plan (PMP) and M&E system.
- Ensure data quality through regular quality control reviews;
and lead rigorous baseline, specialized assessments of technical
activities to determine efficacy of proposed interventions and measure
- Provide day-to-day oversight to the M&E team;
- Seek ways to streamline the process and increase efficiency in gathering and using performance information.
M&E and technical teams to develop activity indicators and targets
and gather quantitative and qualitative data related to those indicators
- Work with technical teams to develop appropriate M&E plans for each activity during implementation.
- Conduct participatory M&E of technical field activities to measure quantitative as well as qualitative impact;
- Lead M&E and performance management reporting.
- The M&E Manager will supervise the M&E Specialists.
- Master’s degree in statistics, development field, social science, economics, or relevant discipline.
Work Experience: Minimum of eight (8)years of progressively
responsible professional experience in a performance monitoring and/or
evaluation role with an international development organization
especially in the design and/or management of USAID or donor-funded
experience participating in baseline assessments, specialized studies,
and impact evaluations for complex development programs;
- Familiarity with developing M&E indicators and plans;
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to summarize information in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent research and data collection methodology skills
- Ability to create organizational work plans
- Skills in supporting staff with a variety of levels of knowledge and capabilities
- Ability to work independently to efficiently meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
and written communication skills to effectively communicate with KIWASH
staff, county government officials and the local communities.
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet programs and data base management
Reporting: The M&E Manager will report to the Chief of Party.
How to Apply
candidates who send their information by applying through the link and
by the deadline will be eligible. Copy the link and paste it on the
browser to submit your application.
NB: *This position is open to Kenyan Nationals only.*
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability or genetics