a global development consulting firm, seeks applications from qualified
candidates for the Kenya Integrated Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
Kenya Integrated Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (KIWASH) Project is a
five-year, USAID-funded project to improve lives and health through the
development and management of sustainable water, sanitation, and hygiene
services in Kenya.
purpose is to institutionalize catalytic models of sustainable service
delivery for accelerated water and sanitation access in nine target
counties and to improve complementary hygiene behaviors.
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist will assist the Senior
M&E Manager to design and manage systems for data collection,
monitoring and evaluation, and knowledge management.
will also assist the Senior M&E Manager to ensure that the KIWASH
project team generates data and learns from project activities on an
ongoing basis to identify the highest return opportunities; ensure
effective knowledge management; inform the project’s adaptive management
approach; and improve program accountability and effectiveness.
S/He will assist the Senior M&E Manager to undertake the following tasks:
will support the Senior M&E Manager to Develop and roll-out the
KIWASH knowledge management strategy, including development and
dissemination of materials;
- Assist in the development of the KIWASH Activity Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (AMEP) and M&E system;
- Ensure high data quality through regular quality control reviews;
strategies to streamline the M&E process and increase efficiency in
gathering and using performance information; and help implement the
technical teams to develop activity indicators and targets and gather
quantitative and qualitative data related to those indicators and
- Work with technical teams to develop appropriate M&E plans for each activity during implementation;
- Conduct participatory M&E of field activities to measure quantitative as well as qualitative impacts;
- Provide input into the design, implementation and dissemination of evaluations, special studies and assessments;
- Support the program units with data analysis, reporting and presentation for the quarterly and annual reports;
- Conduct M&E training to partner institutions such as subcontractor partners, government institutions, WSPs, etc.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Social Science or any relevant discipline;
Work Experience: Minimum of five years of progressively responsible
professional experience in a performance monitoring and/or evaluation
role with an international development organization especially in the
design and/or management of USAID or donor-funded programs.
experience participating in baseline assessments, specialized studies,
and impact evaluations for complex development programs.
- Familiarity with developing M&E indicators and plans.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to summarize information in a clear and concise manner;
- Excellent research and data collection methodology skills;
- Ability to create organizational work plans;
- Skills in supporting staff with a variety of levels of knowledge and capabilities;
skills to build the capacity of partner institutions such as
subcontractor partners, government institutions, WSPs, etc.
- Ability to work independently to efficiently meet deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
and written communication skills to effectively communicate with KIWASH
staff, county government officials and the local communities;
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet programs and data base management such as SPSS and Excel ;
Reporting: The M&E Specialist will report to the M&E Manager.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should apply via the link