Kenya Revenue Authority is the National Revenue Collection Agency for the Government of Kenya.
Our Vision is: “To Facilitate Kenya’s Transformation through Innovative, Professional and Customer Focused Tax Administration”
KRA is seeking result oriented, self-driven individuals with high integrity to fill various vacant positions in the Corporate Support Services and Strategy Innovation and Risk Management Departments.
Job title: Officer – Business Writers
( 2 Positions)
Ref: OFC-SIRM 10-62-2016
Department: Strategy Innovation and Risk Mgt.
Division: Marketing and Communication
Section: PR & Communication
Reports to: Supervisor Media relations
Responsible for: Plan, coordinate, write or edit content of material for publication. May review proposals and drafts for possible publications.
Duties / Tasks
- Identifying story ideas within KRA business units and initiate well written pieces.
- Observing work processes and practices or conduct interviews
- Reading books or internet sources in order to gain an understanding of the topic
- Organizing materials they have gathered and use words to convey the information.
- Revising documents occasionally to suit the project or plan in case of additional information.
- Preparing page layouts and incorporate graphic images with the text.
- Developing story or content ideas, considering reader or audience appeal.
- Reading copying or proof to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation and syntax.
- Preparing, rewriting and editing copy to improve readability.
- Conferring with editorial staff members regarding placement and emphasis of developing new stories
- Planning the content of publications according to publications style, editorial policy and publishing requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications/ Journalism/ Marketing/ Public Relations/Media Studiesor a related field
Minimum years of experience
- 3-5 years relevant experience
Competencies required for this role:
- Excellent reading and writing skills
- Active listening
- Critical thinking skills
- Complex problem solving skills.
Candidates interested in the positions and meet the requirements are encouraged to apply on or before October 28th 2016.
CLICK HERE to download the personal history form.
Completed personal history forms together with a detailed CV and clearly marked with the reference number of each position should be addressed to:
Deputy Commissioner, Human Resources
Kenya Revenue Authority
Times Tower Building, Haile Selassie Avenue
P.O Box 48240-00100
Applications may also be hand delivered between 8.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. and dropped in the designated box on the Ground Floor of Times Tower Building, Haile Selassie, Avenue Nairobi.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to gender mainstreaming and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
KRA does not charge any application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with the recruitment or the application process.
N.B. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.