Kenya Revenue Authority is the National Revenue Collection Agency for the Government of Kenya.
Our Vision is: “To Facilitate Kenya’s Transformation through Innovative, Professional and Customer Focused Tax Administration”
KRA is seeking result oriented, self-driven individuals with high integrity to fill various vacant positions in the Corporate Support Services and Strategy Innovation and Risk Management Departments.
Job title: Manager – Internal Communication
Ref: MGR-SIRM 10-51-2016
Department: Strategy Innovation and Risk Mgt.
Division: Marketing and Communication
Section: PR & Communication
Reports to: Chief Manager – PR & Communication
Responsibility: Work to ensure employees are informed and motivated to align to KRA’s strategic direction by communicating through channels such as staff intranet, email bulletin, social media and regular newsletters.
- Establishing an internal communications strategy in conjunction with the Chief Manager
- Ensuring KRA initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders
- Planning, editing and writing content for a variety of internal communication mediums.
- Keeping employees abreast of progress and answer questions
- Drafting messages or scripts from Senior Management for presentation to employees in the most appropriate form
- Ensuring internal communication messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments
- Ensuring internal communication messages are consistent with the external communication messages
- Responding to feedback from staff and adjusting communication content accordingly.
- Advising Senior Management of development throughout the Authority either face to face or through regular written communication
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism/ Marketing/ Public Relations/Media Studies/ Communications or a related field
- Professional Membership in MSK/CIM/PRSK
Minimum years of experience:
- 5-6 years relevant experience in a communication team, with specific focus on drawing internal brand communication, for a large organization.
Competencies required for this role:
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Creative ability to devise communication strategies
- Strong public speaking skills
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as journalistic ability
Candidates interested in the positions and meet the requirements are encouraged to apply on or before October 28th 2016.
CLICK HERE to download the personal history form.
Completed personal history forms together with a detailed CV and clearly marked with the reference number of each position should be addressed to:
Deputy Commissioner, Human Resources
Kenya Revenue Authority
Times Tower Building, Haile Selassie Avenue
P.O Box 48240-00100
Applications may also be hand delivered between 8.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. and dropped in the designated box on the Ground Floor of Times Tower Building, Haile Selassie, Avenue Nairobi.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to gender mainstreaming and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
KRA does not charge any application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with the recruitment or the application process.
N.B. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.