Kenya Revenue Authority is the National Revenue Collection Agency for the Government of Kenya.
Our Vision is: “To Facilitate Kenya’s Transformation through Innovative, Professional and Customer Focused Tax Administration”
KRA is seeking result oriented, self-driven individuals with high integrity to fill various vacant positions in the Corporate Support Services and Strategy Innovation and Risk Management Departments.
Job title: Supervisor – Knowledge Management
Ref: SUP-SIRM 10-48-2016
Department: Research, Knowledge Management & Corporate Planning
Division: Strategy Innovation & Risk Management
Reports to: Assistant Manager – Knowledge Management
Direct reports: Officer- Knowledge Management
Job Summary: Facilitating the implementation of Knowledge Management Strategies and Initiatives in Department and Regions
Duties and Responsibilities
Support the Implementation Knowledge Management Strategies and Initiatives.
- Making proposals in the development of systems and platform for enabling KM performance.
- Participating in development and customization of KM technology infrastructure for both repository and virtual communities of practice.
- Facilitating, promoting and supporting users on the utilization of the knowledge management platforms/systems.
- Implementing expert locator system to locate and connect experts spread across KRA.
- Formatting and structuring knowledge assets submitted for publication in the knowledge repository.
- Implementing rules, procedures and standards in regard to use of KM system and platform.
- Creating and streamlining the process of systematically capturing, documenting, accessing, reviewing and sharing knowledge and information.
- Aiding in development and growth of an effective KM technology and tools.
- Playing an active role in establishing communities of practice programme.
- Playing active role in organizing sensitization forums on knowledge management.
- Drafting technical papers or articles for creating awareness on knowledge management.
- Preparing and providing knowledge management performance transactions and reports.
- Ensuring that systems supporting Knowledge management are integrated and appropriately supported.
- Participating in collecting knowledge assets such as best practices, lessons learned, research reports amongst others for publication in the knowledge repository.
- Helping develop a common classification system or taxonomy to facilitate consistent content management approaches.
- Undertaking Monitoring and Evaluation on implementation of Knowledge Management.
Knowledge Management Ambassador
- Ensuring cordial and supportive working relationships with all KRA staff.
- Acting as an advocate and role model in embedding KRA’s knowledge culture values.
- Creating and building collaborative working relationships with stakeholders to achieve pre-defined objectives.
Budget Development and Management
- Preparing budget drafting depending on activities planned.
- Managing any budget allocated to activities and programmes
- Ensuring submission of all the required reports/receipts in regards expenditures.
Educational Requirements (Minimum Requirements)
- A Bachelor degree in Knowledge Management or Information Science with specialty in Knowledge Management from a recognized university in Kenya.
- A diploma in Information Technology is an added advantage.
- Expertise or knowledge in any of the following areas is an added advantage: Dspace Software, software installation and customization, web development and communication.
- Those pursuing Masters Degree in Knowledge Management or Innovation have added advantage.
- Membership of a relevant professional body.
- 4 years working experience in knowledge management systems and tools.
- Experience in knowledge management processes and practices.
- Capability to install and customize open source software for KM.
- Knowledge of Knowledge Management processes and practices.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Leadership and Managerial skills.
- Customer focus.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Impressionable and confident personality
Candidates interested in the positions and meet the requirements are encouraged to apply on or before October 28th 2016.
CLICK HERE to download the personal history form.
Completed personal history forms together with a detailed CV and clearly marked with the reference number of each position should be addressed to:
Deputy Commissioner, Human Resources
Kenya Revenue Authority
Times Tower Building, Haile Selassie Avenue
P.O Box 48240-00100
Applications may also be hand delivered between 8.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. and dropped in the designated box on the Ground Floor of Times Tower Building, Haile Selassie, Avenue Nairobi.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to gender mainstreaming and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
KRA does not charge any application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with the recruitment or the application process.
N.B. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.