Role Purpose Statement: While always complying with health, safety and security working practices, physically handle customer baggage and equipment with care, urgency and caution.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Maintain a healthy, safe and secure working environment in compliance with company procedures, regulatory authorities and requirements of the airline.
- Ensure that one’s certification is current and valid.
- Wear adequate company issued Personal Protection gear for the intended duty.
- Ensure that all baggage are physically accounted (scanned or “bingo”) and segregated according to Loading instructions.
- Report any unauthorized bags to the supervisor.
- Accurately sort and make-up baggage e.g. by flight numbers, hub/transfer/sort/short connection/etc. according to the supervisor’s instructions.
- Isolate and inform the supervisor or security present of any damaged bags.
- Immediately report (and record) equipment un-serviceability to the supervisor.
- Isolate and secure long lay over baggage in the designated area.
- Ensure order and neatness of baggage and equipment in the work area.
- “O” level minimum of D plus
- Baggage handling skills
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Low occurrence of contravention of apron rules and procedures
- Serviceability of equipment
- Role awareness and clarity
- Timeliness of service as requested.
- Nil damaged baggage
- Nil misrouted bag
- High level of integrity.
- Committed to achieving and maintaining high quality standards.
- Self driven.
- Physically fit.
- Pleasant and presentable
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted