Our client, a leading perishable handler and logistics company that provides quality, affordable and timely logistic solutions to horticultural industry across Tanzania is looking for a dynamic and experienced candidate to take up the position of General Manager in Arusha, Tanzania
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for the overall performance of the company and for the day-to-day running and management of the company’s operations
- Leading the team in the development and implementation of the company policies and strategies under the guidance of the Board of Directors.
- Lead in the establishment and enforcement of company’s core values, vision, mission and strategic objectives.
- Ensure the company complies with statutory and other legal requirements locally and internationally.
- Ensure progress reports are timely prepared and present to the Board for recommendations and advice.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with partners including media, government and other private sector partners on behalf of the company (Company’s spokesperson)
- Liaise with other stakeholders in advocating for issues concerning logistics business environment in Tanzania
- Identify and innovate new business ideas for the company viability and sustainability
- A Secretary and an Ex-Officio to the Board
Business Operations Management
- Responsible for the development and timely implementation of the company’s strategic roadmap such as the business plan, action plans, marketing plan, operations plan, etc.
- Mobilize resources for the implementation of the company’s strategies.
Financial, Human and Other Resource Management
- Effective and efficient mobilization and management of company resources i.e human, financial, and other resources
- Ensure availability and compliance with control and management tools i.e manuals, policies, guidelines.
- Maintain good relationship with the suppliers and negotiate terms of contract in favor of the company with a view of reducing costs and maximizing quality
- Lead, motivate and manage human resource to deliver quality services to customers and achieve set targets
- Develop, implement and improve the company’s succession plan
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Business Management /Logistics Management/ Clearing and Forwarding or any other related fields.
- At least 5 years working experience in private sector leadership preferably in Logistics – Air Freight/ Sea Freight or any related fields
- Good knowledge of customs tariff and taxation system in the logistic industry
- Good command of English and Swahili language.
- Advance skills in computer application are a MUST.
- Good presentation, negotiation and analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
Preferred age 35-50, female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Only email application with the position title placed in the subject line is accepted.
Your application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application deadline is 28th October, 2016 .
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.