Manager for a Conservation & Community Development Project
Our client, an upmarket safari company, is looking for a self driven Manager to supervise their conservation and community development projects across Kenya and Tanzania.
He/She will ensure project fundraising and expenditure is on track and financial reports are accurate and delivered on time to present to Trustees and donors.
The role also requires a keen focus on communication, closely working with the team, the communications consultant and in-company social media / digital marketing officer to follow the company’s communications and fundraising strategy.
The role involves travelling to project sites in both Kenya and Tanzania when necessary, with approximately 30% time in the field.
- Work with the team in planning all projects and checking project management plans.
- Conducting annual appraisals of the team.
- Work with the communications consultant and the team to develop and implement a communications and fundraising strategy.
- Work with the team, communications consultant and camp managers to develop fundraising material.
- Work with the in-company social media / digital marketing officer.
- Work with the team and the communications consultant to ensure circulars to internal and
- external audiences are planned.
- Ensure donor relations are maintained.
- Ensure quarterly and annual reports are produced to a high quality.
- Ensure fundraising targets are clear and funds raised are tracked and allocated correctly.
- Ensure expenditure is within budget for any project or budget line.
- Ensure that accounts and project updates are presented to Trustees and donors quarterly via the quarterly report and Trustee finance meeting.
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in conservation, environmental management, development, NGO communications or similar is highly desirable.
- At least 1 to 2 previous roles which have required similar skills and competencies.
- Ability to speak Swahili is a plus.
- Motivated, organised and self-driven.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Monthly gross salary: Competitive salary depending on skills & experience
Deadline: 31st October 2016
To apply, please follow the link:
Summit Recruitment & Search,
Blixen Court, Karen Road,
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.