Marasa Africa, a subsidiary of the Madhvani Group Uganda, operates several upscale wildlife lodges in East Africa (www.marasa.net).
We are looking for a highly qualified, experienced and motivated General Manager to manage one of our properties.
The position would suit an individual who is looking for growth and a fresh challenge in the fast growing tourism sector in East Africa.
The lodge has 50 plus guest rooms, 2 restaurants and bars, swimming pool, health spa, conference facilities and business centre.
- The applicant must be a holder of a recognized graduate / post graduate level degree in the hospitality industry.
- A minimum of 15 years practical operational experience, managing safari lodges, out of which 5 years should be as a General Manager.
- Ability to manage the operations of an existing company, incorporating new ideas and ways to improve the existing operations.
- To prepare and manage budgets, utilize profit and loss reports to control and take corrective action.
- To formulate marketing strategies and achieve targets set by the company.
- Sustain the current good practices and bring in new practices to achieve guest delight.
- The candidate should possess excellent communication and management skills, be presentable, and have practical knowledge of computerized systems, attention to details, with excellent organizational skills and follow through.
- Good track record with approachable references.
- Flexible and able to take on any other duties and responsibilities assigned by the company from time to time.
A competitive salary commensurate with the experience and qualifications, will be offered to the successful candidate.
Applications may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org within ten days of this advertisement.