mHealth Research Lab Officer
based in Nairobi, Kenya
PharmAccess Group: The PharmAccess Group is dedicated to make inclusive health markets work in Africa by developing innovative products and stimulating investments through partnerships with the private sector and government institutions.
This group of not-for-profit organizations has a shared goal, working towards improving access to better healthcare in Africa.
The approach of the group is holistic, which sets in motion an upward spiral of trust, capital, financial services, quality and availability of health services, thereby scaling up functioning health systems, leveraging innovative mobile and digital technologies In doing so, we contribute to healthier populations and social and economic development.
Our integrated approach consists of complementary initiatives that aim to increase investments and resources, efficiency and effectiveness within the healthcare system.
We simultaneously stimulate demand for and supply of healthcare by combining standards for quality improvement (SafeCare), loans for healthcare providers (Medical Credit Fund), health insurance schemes and in-depth impact research and advocacy.
The mobile revolution in Kenya enables new ways of achieving these initiatives. Since 2012 PharmAccess therefore focuses on developing mobile health products.
Our mobile health activities are initiated and developed in our mHealth Research Lab. The mHealth Research Lab is a testing ground enabling staff and partners to brainstorm about innovative ideas that improve affordable access to better healthcare.
Successful ideas are further developed by our business lines in collaboration with diverse range of partners. An example of such innovation is M-TIBA, a mobile health wallet that is currently being developed and launched in Kenya in a joint-venture with Safaricom.
The approach of the PharmAccess Group has helped shape the agenda for health financing and delivery, as evidenced by recognitions by the UN, the G20, the World Economic Forum, OECD and the Financial Times/IFC award. PharmAccess has offices in Kenya, Tanzania, Nigeria, Namibia, Ghana and the Netherlands.
PharmAccess is expanding the scope of its mHealth activities in Kenya, shown by the current roll-out of M-TIBA with Safaricom. The organization therefore seeks to recruit a mHealth Research Lab Officer for the Kenya office, based in Nairobi.
Job Description: Under the supervision of the mHealth Research Lab Manager in Nairobi, you will be an in-house entrepreneur able to turn a promising idea into a validated product prototype.
More specifically, you will be responsible for preparing, implementing and concluding the test; this will include the following tasks:
- Development of concept notes, tools and materials required for each project
- Planning, implementation and monitoring of projects in partnership with key partners
- Report writing based on collected data and qualitative observations
- Organize internal sessions and workshops with external partners to share projects results and ideate new solutions for problems related to non-inclusive healthcare
- Support business development and strategic partnership building
Qualifications & Requirements
- University degree in Business, project management, product development or management of information systems
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in project management or product development
- Experience and/or Education in computer science and/or in healthcare is strongly advised
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Flexible attitude towards working on different assignments and carrying out frequent field visits
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Curious to learn and experience new things
- Excellent communication skills and knowledge of English
PharmAccess offers an excellent job opportunity in a dynamic international environment with solid terms and conditions conforming to industry standards.
How to apply
Suitable candidates can apply by emailing their CV and cover letter to email@example.com with “mHealth Research Lab Officer Vacancy” as a subject.
The deadline for application for this position is 15th November 2016.
For more information about our organization visit our website www.pharmaccess.org.