Vacancy: Contracting and Procurement Manager – Africa Region
about developing and implementing solutions for hidden hunger, the
Micronutrient Initiative (MI) works in partnership with governments, the
private sector and civil society organizations to address micronutrient
deficiency and related health and nutrition problems in underserved
Governed by an international Board of Directors, MI
works in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, and Latin America and reaches 500
million people in 70 countries.
headquarters in Ottawa, Canada MI maintains regional offices in New
Delhi, India and soon Nairobi, Kenya that manage our country offices in
Asia and Africa.
As we begin staffing our Africa Regional
Office in Nairobi Kenya we are seeking skilled and highly motivated
individuals to fill key positions in the areas of Finance, Nutrition,
Monitoring and Reporting, Contracting and Procurement, Human Resources
and support staff.
We are recruiting for the following position:
2. Overall Purpose / Broad Function: The Manager for Contracting and Procurement, Africa Region is responsible for supporting the contracting and procurement activities within the region.
- Compliance to organizational contracting policy, procedures, standards and strategies as well as applicable rules and laws in order to ensure process transparency, fairness, impartiality, and confidentiality.
- Review contracts including amendments related to procurement, evaluations, partner organisations, capacity building/training, finance and administrative support services contracts.
- Exercising due diligence while ensuring complete documentation.
- Supports the proposal, bidding, and negotiation process while adhering to applicable legal standards and codes of ethical conduct.
- Plans, organizes, directs, manages, and evaluates the contracting and procurement activities within the region.
- Provides support when negotiating with suppliers and engages in all aspects of contracting and procurement.
- Reviews supplier/ grantee budgets and financial statements/reports and evaluates overall supplier health (supplier risk assessment).
- Consults with management and staff coordinating activities including management of any dispute related to contracting.
- Analyzes contracting related information and evaluates the results to choose the best resolution and alternatives to supply challenges.
- Supports the Identification, qualification and selection of vendors
- Provides support and guidance related to commodity procurement within the Region/ Country Offices.
- Any other duties as required.
- No direct supervisory responsibilities at this point in time.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Law, Procurement or related field, supply chain management/logistics from reputable university.
- Professional qualification in procurement as well as membership of a professional body with good standing.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in contract management and procurement.
- Experience of handling donor related contracts would be preferable.
- embrace progressive opportunities and good working conditions that are health and safety conscious,
- adhere to a strict code of ethical conduct,
- offer supportive management, and empower employees to work independently and make decisions.
- The following work styles are attributable to this position: integrity, dependability, stress tolerance, attention to detail, persistence, initiative, leadership, adaptability/flexibility, and cooperation.
- Strong commitment to leadership, management, transparency.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, negotiation skills, and conflict resolution skills.
- Furthermore, excellent planning and organizational abilities are required.
- Flexibility and an exhibited awareness of, and sensitivity to other cultures are considered important as the Senior Officer, works with diverse groups, individuals and interests.
- Fluency in English (Reading, Writing & Oratory Skills) is a prerequisite.
- Knowledge of other languages would be an asset.
- Travel within Africa/region may be required
- Manager will be an independent contributor, self-directed and work as part of a broader team. However, this role will often consult with relevant colleagues for their views, concerns and issues related to contracting and procurement.
No telephone calls please. Although we thank all applicants who apply, only those under consideration will be contacted.