Vacancy: Senior Monitoring and Reporting Officer
about developing and implementing solutions for hidden hunger, the
Micronutrient Initiative (MI) works in partnership with governments, the
private sector and civil society organizations to address micronutrient
deficiency and related health and nutrition problems in underserved
Governed by an international Board of Directors, MI
works in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, and Latin America and reaches 500
million people in 70 countries.
headquarters in Ottawa, Canada MI maintains regional offices in New
Delhi, India and soon Nairobi, Kenya that manage our country offices in
Asia and Africa.
As we begin staffing our Africa Regional
Office in Nairobi Kenya we are seeking skilled and highly motivated
individuals to fill key positions in the areas of Finance, Nutrition,
Monitoring and Reporting, Contracting and Procurement, Human Resources
and support staff.
We are recruiting for the following position:
2. Overall Purpose / Broad Function: To support the Africa Regional Monitoring and Reporting Manager in ensuring that high quality program performance monitoring and donor reports are timely generated.
- Support Program Officers in the adaptation of intervention performance monitoring frameworks (PMF) to country projects to ensure that project monitoring plans are in line with the PMFs.
- Support Program Officers in the development and implementation of monitoring plans for projects to ensure that quality data is collected and reported for all key indicators.
- Support program officers and implementing partners in the development data collection and compilation tools for project monitoring and reporting.
- Work with Program officers in the design and implementation of surveys for program monitoring and evaluation.
- Conduct periodic reviews of data collected and reported including periodic field visits to quality assure data validity.
- Support Program Officers in following up quarterly monitoring reports from implementing partners to ensure that quality and timely data is available for project performance monitoring.
- Support Program Officers and the Deputy Country Director in the review of the quarterly performance reports to ensure that relevant and correct data is used in the reports.
- In collaboration with the Regional Monitoring and Reporting Manager provide training to staff in order to improve the project monitoring skills of program staff.
- No supervisory responsibility
- At least a Masters degree from a recognized university specializing in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Training in Epidemiology and Research methodologies preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience Monitoring and Evaluation of programs and projects.
- At least 5 years experience with Monitoring and Reporting for donor funded health and nutrition programs
- Familiarity with HMIS, DHS, MICS is preferred.
- Good spoken and written English
- Fluent in French added advantage
- 10% of time will be spent travelling in the Africa region.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent IT skills especially Microsoft office/Excel
- Very good presentational skills
- Excellent team working skills
No telephone calls please.