Cloud & Enterprise Subsidiary Business Group Lead
Job # 985402
Locations: Kenya, Nairobi
Job families: Marketing
Products and technologies: (not product or technology specific)
Purpose: The Subsidiary BG Lead (BG Lead) has end-to-end accountability for the BG business in the local market or Area including planning, execution and governance.
This includes revenue, scorecard, share dashboard accountabilities and goals, as well as playing a leadership role within the subsidiary including participating in Extended Leadership meetings.
The BG Lead also should participate in planning and governance processes, provide data and insights to support and drive effective business prioritization and decision-making to achieve the BG’s business goals.
The BG Lead is responsible for close cross-group collaboration across segments ensuring local execution of strategies and tactics to further drive the business. An important role of the BG Lead is building deep audience insight, including understanding audience segmentation, – attitudes and – purchase behaviors.
Based on these insights the BG Lead is responsible to build local relevant customer offers and co-marketing partnerships at the same time integrate into the commercial and consumer sales motions.
They are the ambassador for the product brand in the local market or Area and are responsible for overseeing and managing the investments in BG broad marketing and digital media outreach initiatives.
The BG Lead is expected to have a deep understanding of the products, go-to-market strategies, competitive landscape, local business opportunity and climate in their local market or Area.
The BG Lead is the local spokesperson externally and internally for the products in the subsidiary.
Finally, the BG Lead is on point for reporting back to Corp on the success metrics (scorecard) as part of the rhythm of the business process.
Experiences required: Key experiences, skills & Knowledge:
- 8-10 years of product marketing experience, preferably in cloud services or technology
- 5+ years of people management experience with customer/partner facing marketing professionals
Skills & Knowledge
- Broad Strategic Management Vision
- Deep customer focus and understanding
- Strong core marketing communications skills & experience
- Strong financial and analytical skills & experience
- Technically adept
- Evangelist and subject matter expert for product
- Excellent communicator
Marketing Planning (25% of time)
- Develop and evangelize internally the C+E product marketing strategy
- Drive execution of product roadmap and product launches
- Drive product marketing strategy implementation and value proposition landing
- Develop competitive tactics to drive target market share gains
- Determine a common set of KPIs for marketing activities in collaboration with other teams involved (e.g. segment marketing, audience marketing, other BGs)
- Ensure C+E is represented in segment plans to drive growth and share for C+E
Rhythm of the Business (30% of time)
- Track KPIs and scorecard metrics for Rhythm of the Business (ROB) and Correction of Errors
- Lead preparation for Mid-Year Review (MYR) and connection meetings for C+E and present as appropriate
- Participate in quarterly connection meetings with Corporate to share learnings and current state of the business
Product Evangelism (30% of time)
- Maintain C+E product knowledge and evangelize the product internally and externally to Press, enthusiasts, influencers and customer scenarios
- Provide product related content like customer benefits, competitive differentiators, and value of the product roadmap to all subsidiary marketing activities, including those owned by Segment marketing, Audience marketing, and other BGs
- Adjust and provide differentiated value proposition and compelling, localized product-related content, product Bill of Materials (BOM) (To-Customer and To/thru-Partner)
- Provide customer evidence in collaboration with EPG, SMSP, DX and Public Sector
- Partner with segment teams (SMS&P, EPG, DX, OEM, Public Sector) to drive customer/partner readiness and product evangelism delivery/business development
- Execute product launch activities
- Create campaign/program business plan and campaign investment decisions for BG-owned campaigns and activities
- Ambassador of the overall product brand experience and Microsoft CPE (Customer & Partner Experience).
Program/Campaign Execution (15% of time)
- Actively engage cross Segments and cross Subsidiary in the One Microsoft orchestration (rationalized audience touches, coordinated offers, integrated marketing calendar, etc.) to execute C+E programs and campaigns locally
- Act as the voice of the field by ensuring timely updates/feedback to Corporate on product marketing and campaign execution in subsidiary
- Monitor and evaluate campaign/program results, optimizes campaign/program business plans and KPIs based on key learnings
- Rely on corporate business intelligence and the Business & Planning Organization Lead (BPO) for reporting and analysis of the BG’s performance to geography and corporate leadership
- Manage marketing budgets for BG led activities
- Ensure programs and campaigns are funded locally through the budget, scorecard and market share target cascade
- Support meeting the BG’s financial and scorecard goals for the Subsidiary at the Area level
- Active participation, insights and sharing in global BG Lead community
- Land the C+E value proposition locally with appropriate audiences
- Position C+E against key competitors. Review, monitor and adjust the strategies and action plans to accelerate our market share growth against our prioritized competitors
- Requires a bachelor degree in Business, Marketing or Computer Science., MBA preferred.
- Certifications in sales, sales management, complex sales training, sales methodologies, and consultative selling preferred.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online