Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital (MTRH) is the second national Teaching and Referral Hospital serving the western part of Kenya and neighbouring countries. It is the first public Hospital to be ISO 9001:2008 certified.
The Hospital acts as a teaching institution for Moi University College of Health Sciences.
MTRH is a centre for specialized medical care, training and research and participates in National Health Planning. With its vision of being “A World Class Teaching and Referral Hospital”.
MTRH is an equal opportunity employer and it seeks to recruit a highly competent, dynamic, visionary, results-oriented, proactive and experienced professional to fill the following position:-
Supply Chain Manager
An Officer at this level will be reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for the following: –
- Work as the Head of Procurement in MTRH as per the provisions of the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015.
- Implementation of procurement policies in line with authorities, strategies and the law.
- Prepare strategic procurement plans and budget outlining key activities to be undertaken.
- Confer with service providers to obtain goods and services, prices, availability and delivery schedule.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams to develop, implement and evaluate strategic management plans to improve performance standards and MTRH’s effectiveness.
- Maintain a database of service providers and undertake market surveys.
- Processing procurement requests as per the laid down procedures.
- Provide overall effective leadership on procurement.
- Advise management on procurement matters and provide update to ensure compliance with relevant legislations.
- Implement effective disposal system in line with authority policy and relevant law.
- Prepare requisite reports and submit to relevant offices/institutions including Public Procurement and Regulatory Authority (PPRA).
- Prepare relevant tender documentation.
- Manage MTRH – Suppliers’ relationships in a highly professional manner.
- Any other duties as may be allocated by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Job Specification for Appointment
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- Must have worked in a large organization for a minimum period of ten (10) years, five (5) at a senior position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supply Chain or its equivalent.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Supplies/Procurement/Supply Chain Management.
- Masters degree in Procurement, Supply Chain or its equivalent.
- Member in good standing of both Kenya Institute of Supplies Management and Chartered Institute Purchasing and Supplies (licenses of 2016 mandatory).
- Strong management and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Meet requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
- Attended Strategic Leadership Development Programme or equivalent, lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution.
In addition, the applicant for this position Must attach the following current documents: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Certificate.
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) Certificate.
- Certificate of Good Conduct.
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) Certificate.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) Clearance.
Terms of Service and Salary Attached to the Scale
This job will be on a three (3) years’ contract, renewable once for a further period of 3 years subject to satisfactory work performance and the basic salary attached is:
MTRH Scale M4
Kshs. 112,580 x 5,628 – 118,208 x 5,911 – 124,119 x 6,206 – 130,325 x 6,516 -136,841 x 6,842 – 143,683 x 7,184 – 150,867 p.m.
In addition to the basic salary, the successful candidate will get extraneous allowance, generous house allowance, risk allowance and commuter allowance. Service gratuity will be payable at the end of the 3 years’ contract.
Suitably qualified candidates are requested to submit 12 copies of their applications together with updated curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, current remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and names of three (3) referees. Please indicate the Job Reference on the envelope.
Candidates are advised to contact their referees for recommendation letters which should reach the undersigned before the timeline specified herein.
Applications should be forwarded to the undersigned not later than 3rd November, 2016 at 5.00 p.m.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Chief Executive Officer
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital
P.O. Box 3 – 30100
Persons with Disability and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply.
Any lobbying and/or canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.