Nation Media Group is an independent media house in East Africa with operations in print, broadcast and digital media.
We invite applications from experienced and motivated individuals to fill the position of Corporate Affairs Manager.
The successful candidate will be tasked with the responsibility of providing input on strategic reputational issues, events management, fostering of partnerships for sustainability of commitments and managing regulatory issues, stakeholder engagements and investor relations that impact and support the company’s business objectives.
The job holder will be based in Nairobi and will report to the Head of Corporate and Regulatory Affairs.
- Identify, review, recommend and implement strategic plans and initiatives for reputation management;
- Develop and implement plans, initiatives and strategies to advocate for balanced regulatory frameworks;
- Identify review and recommend strategic sponsorship and partnership opportunities to support the Company’s sustainability commitments for driving Group’s corporate visibility:
- Planning and management of internal and external company events, and post event evaluation and reporting;
- Develop, nurture and leverage strategic relationships with shareholder and key stakeholder groups including relevant individual influencers and decision-makers; and,
- Managing the Corporate and Regulatory Affairs’ function human and financial resources to ensure value optimization and compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, International Relations, Public Relations or its equivalent; from a recognized institution:
- At least Five (5) years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge of public affairs, events and sustainability management;
- Ability to communicate both inside and outside the organisation:
- Ability to apply basic project management principles to campaign/activity execution;
- Ability to build and sustain good working relationships with diverse stakeholders;
- Ability to handle and prioritise multiple projects simultaneously; and,
- Demonstrated leadership, business awareness and interpersonal capability.
This position offers an excellent career growth opportunity.
If you meet the above requirements, please apply online at http://careers.nationmedia.com by 14th October 2016.
Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.