Job Title: Head of Programme
Physical Location: Nairobi
Main Purpose of Job: Highly driven and entrepreneurial individual to provide leadership with an aim to improve Maternal and Child health outcomes by introducing and combining scalable mobile innovations from our client.
Personnel Reporting to the Job Holder
- Workstream manager/officer – inclusive demand side financing
- Workstream manager/officer – quality improvement
- Workstream manager/officer – community education
- Advocacy and stakeholder engagement
- Data driven intervention
- Programme budget
- Programme assets
- Provide thought leadership on the evolving nature of the initiative Source and implement business development strategies for continuous growth
- Manage the county teams with 6 work streams to ensure that The is implemented effectively with high impact.
- Ensure that the 6 work streams are synergistic, integrated and well-coordinated
- Lead on the preparation, review and periodic revision of detailed operational plans to ensure the project is delivered within the timeframe and achieves all significant milestones. Agree year plans with main stakeholders and present to Steering Committee for approval.
- Monitor progress through regular field visits, review of indicators, and meetings with Steering Committee, Programme Committee, partners, service providers, Community Health Volunteers, and other stakeholders.
- Ensure the effective use of donor resources.
- Ensure compliance with donor requirements at all levels (reporting, procurement, visibility, budget etc.) and be in charge of the communication to Programme Committee and Steering Committee.
- Develop and take ownership of a formal risk matrix for the 3 counties.
- Relevant policies and Operations initiative guidelines.
- Develop and implement (saving) product and Maternal and Child education modules together with the work stream leads in such a way that health market for the poor are being kick started and sustained over time.
- Facilitate process of new content deployment and product development on existing IT infrastructure
- Facilitate process of one platform and/or dashboard building for project data collation and use
- Relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Review and approve all project sub-contracts and consultancy Terms of Reference.
- Manage the work stream teams to ensure that project is implemented effectively with high impact
- Work closely with the Programme Committee and Steering Committee to ensure County workplans and implementation are aligned with the log frame, workplans and budget
- Build an effective working relationship with partnership members and other key stakeholders.
- Support the development and implementation of a county and national level advocacy with Health in Africa Initiative and partnership members
- Maintain regular, productive communications between project partners and other key stakeholders
- Prepare periodic reports for monitoring and provide input to the quarterly, interim and final reports to the donor
- Provide support in developing case studies for publications
- MBA or Master’s degree in (public) health or economics
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in leadership role
- Experience in business in Africa with experience in the health sector (preferably with mobile technology)
- Entrepreneurial, proactive and hands-on mentality, with an enthusiasm for working in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Personable relationship builder, persuasive, engaging presence, with diplomacy, emotional intelligence, and a good sense of humour
- Proven experience of designing and implementing performance based work structures and data driven decision making.
- Strategic and entrepreneurial approach to fund management, product development, marketing, communication and capacity building and team management.
- Passion for social impact
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Proficiency in ICT
- Decision making skills
- Highly organised
- Effective presentation
- Emotional intelligence
- Good sense of humour
- High Integrity/ethics, commitment and respect for diversity
If you believe you qualify for this position, please send your CV and details of your current and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.