Ref. nr.: 3239072857
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Develop Food Security (and Livelihood) strategy, technical guidance and Macro LFAs
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within Food Security (and Livelihood), ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from CC implementation, and incorporate them in CC and staff development processes
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of technical staff
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/working group and clusters, including with national authorities and donors
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Develop a country livelihoods strategy mainstreamed through NRC’s Core Competencies and implementation plan in consultation with the ME Department taking the lead when required of specific assessments
- Assess and analyse the current livelihood coping strategies of refugees (and vulnerable local populations) in targeted areas.
- Identify the socio-economic profiles of the assessed population (main wealth-groups/socio-economic categories of the population characterized in terms of household composition; livelihood assets; shelter condition, income sources; exposure to food insecurity);
- Assess and Identify priorities, opportunities, constraints and capacity-gaps for accessing employment/livelihood opportunities
- Lead skills, value chains, markets assessments / analysis in targeted areas
- Develop recommendations and operational guidance’s of which type, when and where NRC should apply Cash Based Intervention in targeted areas (camps and out of camps), consulting key stakeholders at each stage.
- Ensure that M&E procedures for CBIs are, understood followed and adapted to the context: review and adaptation of assessment and monitoring tools for the CBI (pre intervention, during and post intervention), contributing to the development of systems to improve targeting, appropriateness and to reduce the risk of aid diversion and conflict of interest by program staff, local authorities and local partners.
- Identify multipurpose cash and vouchers program modalities suitable for Core Competencies integration (beneficiary targeting criteria, community mobilization approaches, transfer mechanisms and local partnerships).
- Undertake and or supervise research and assessments, develop ToRs and ensure quality reports are produced and shared with line manager and as agreed.
- In coordination with the M&E Department, ensure that the required quantitative and qualitative data is collected and provided as for ME internal procedures.
- Documentation of good practices– case studies, successful programming approaches and lessons learnt
- Minimum 5 years of experience of food security and / or livelihood programme in a humanitarian or recovery context
- Minimum 5 years of Programme Management experience
- University degree in economy, rural development, livelihoods, or related field
- Proven track record of setting up and implementing monitoring, documentation and learning systems
- Knowledge of food security refugee’s context
- Experience with integrated livelihoods programming, enabling the development of livelihoods strategies
- Experience of implementation of cash-based programming
- Social science
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
Duty station: Nairobi
Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Location: Kenya
- Industry: Emergency Relief
- Special field: Food Security
- Role: Middle / line manager
Go to www.nrc.no to apply online
Deadline for application: 02/11/2016