Operations Manager (Agronomy)
Duma Works is recruiting an Operations Manager for one of our clients. The hiring company is a social enterprise based in Freetown, Sierra Leone.
The company has been in operation since 2012 distributing agricultural inputs to small holder farmers and working closely with the Government of Sierra Leone, bi-lateral donors and NGO’s.
Currently the team is supporting a number of projects in the provinces promoting good agricultural practices and now has signed a CRS / USAID contract to train horticultural farmers in Tankolili.
Location: Freetown and Tankolili, Sierra Leone
Duration: One year with the possibility of renewal
Start Date: October 2016
The company is looking for a motivated team player with previous experience working with smallholder farmers in Africa to manage a USAID funded project.
About the role: The candidate will have the chance to work in a dynamic environment in a country in full recovery and have operational responsibilities implementing the CRS project, supervising a team of agronomists, interacting with small holder farmers and project counter parts.
The ideal candidate must thrive working in rural areas (30%) and have the ability to interact with a young international team.
The company is offering a competitive remuneration package, accommodation, health insurance and home leave.
- Coordinate the relationship between the company CRS and USAID
- Development of M&E system in accordance with USAID requirements
- Supervise implementation of project activities including training of farmers groups
- Manage the company’s team compromising of agronomists, connectors and support staff
- Coordinate activities for the training of 70 farmer groups on good agricultural practices
- Manage the set up and maintenance of demonstration farms
- Develop supply chain of agricultural inputs to smallholder farmers
- Spear head the scoping of new funding opportunities
- Undergraduate degree and at least 5 years of working experience being at least two working with smallholder famers in Africa with understanding in horticulture
- Previous experience working with development partners, added advantage for candidates with working experience with USAID projects
- Ability to work in resource scare environments in remote areas
- Excellent communication skills
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2373”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2373, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Any applications without a Motivation Letter will not be considered.
Deadline for receiving applications: 30th October 2016
N.B. When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over email or SMS. The test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.