Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Reference Number: OAM/16/10
Location: Oshwal Academy Mombasa
Oshwal Academy Mombasa is a private school owned and managed by the Oshwal Education & Relief Board offering the International Primary Curriculum (Early and Elementary Years), International Middle Years Curriculum and prepares children for lGCSE and GCE A/S and A’ Levels.
The Academy is seeking for a Human Resource Officer.
The role holder will be responsible for providing generalist Human Resource support to the Human Resource department and employees regarding HR functions.
The role holder’s responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Run day to day HR functions and duties.
- Recruiting and staffing logistics: Oversee the staff recruitment process to ensure a fair process and acquisition of high quality personnel.
- Implementing HR policies, practices and procedures while ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure proper induction of new and current staff on policies and procedures and adherence.
- Performing administrative roles in the management of the organization’s medical insurance and pension scheme while ensuring correct and up to date information is availed to staff.
- Support the HR Manager in review of performance management guidelines, HR policies and other institutional staff guidelines.
- Conducting staff exit interviews and facilitating effective staff clearance, documentation and release from the organization.
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to HR activities.
- Maintain records of grievances, performance reviews and disciplinary actions.
- Employee relations and staff welfare matters.
- Training sourcing, facilitation and impact assessment.
- Staff benefits and compensation administration.
- Employee health and safety.
- Separation management.
- Staff files management.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR from a recognized university or any social science with a higher diploma in Human Resource Management.
- Applicants with only a Higher National Diploma only, with 5 years HR experience will be considered.
- Should be a Member of IHRM.
Experience and Competence
- At least two years’ experience in the running/ operations of a HR department.
- Thorough knowledge of the Employment Law.
- I.T. savvy and proficient in Ms Suite with knowledge of report writing.
If you meet our essential criteria and are looking for a role in a dynamic team where you can make a real difference, please submit your application to the HR Manager – Oshwal Education and Relief Board through firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application closing date is 1st November 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.