Title: Head of Finance – East Africa
Salary: Competitive based on experience and other benefits available.
Level: Head of Department
Our client is a leader in the pharmaceutical industry and has a presence in more than eight African countries and their head office is in Europe.
They seek to hire an experienced head of finance who will be responsible for leading the finance function, supporting operations, and providing financial guidance to the business, and supporting the further growth and development of the business.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strong financial leadership and discipline in the development of business strategy.
- Conduct evaluation, modelling and analysis of commercial initiatives and provides the business decision makers with insight and direction on key business decisions.
- Devise annual budgets and quarterly rolling forecasts reporting on variances to target. Work with budget holders on initiatives to remedy these variances
- Annual preparation of year end reporting pack, and overall responsibility for annual external audit and preparation of statutory accounts
- Design, develop and maintain good systems & processes for reporting and control.
- Develop dashboards, metrics and reports that provides analysis and insight to enable better financial planning and decision making by management
- Ensure appropriate systems and internal controls are in place
- Ensure all statutory requirement submissions of Corporate Tax, VAT, WHT, PAYE and returns in preparation of monthly payroll
- Continuously evaluates and reviews spending within the organisation for opportunities for improvement
- Be proactive with budget holders in identifying areas for cost improvement within the operation and develop and deliver a programme of cost reduction and efficiency initiatives to deliver bottom line improvements
- Ensure appropriate measures are taken to maintain integrity and confidentiality of financial information
- Continually review and evaluate any business continuity risk and take relevant actions to eliminate or mitigate such risks
- Be the key contributor on legal and regulatory compliance agenda
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA (K) finalist
- 5 years experience in a commercial finance function
- Technical knowledge of IRFS
- Strong commercial acumen with keen analytical skills
- Proven financial analysis and forecasting ability
- Experience of working with a pharmaceutical organization preferred
How to Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (Head Of Finance – East Africa) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday 10th October, 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.