The Postal Corporation of Kenya is a commercial State Enterprise operating under the PCK Act, 1998.
The Mission of the Corporation is to deliver innovative Financial (Payment Services), Distribution and Communication solutions to its customers and create value to stakeholders.
Posta is currently re-engineering its key business processes through innovation and adoption of Information Communications Technology in order to meet the ever changing customer demands in a dynamic market place.
The Postal Corporation of Kenya (PCK) invites interested and qualified applicants to fill the following position which is vacant:
RF.F: NO 5/2016
Job Title: Assistant General Manager – ICT
No. of Position: 1
Reporting To: Postmaster General
RF.F: NO 5/2016
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify and implement appropriate IT technologies to meet the short and long term PCK business requirements.
- Identify and forge strategic IT relationships with key potential partners for ongoing project implementation and support
- Provide expert extensive contract with the executive management staff of PCK to identify and prioritize key IT Initiatives.
- Formulate and enforce all the PCK ICT securities policies in conjunction with the other departmental heads.
- Establish plans and strategics in development of training and educational programs in ICT for the user departments.
- Provide leadership towards the achievements set targets in ICT departments
- Adhere to the corporation policies. Procedures and business ethics and ensure that they are communicated and implemented
- Perform a wide range of systems analysis and programming work involved in the development, implementation or modification of various applications to meet current business demands
- Conduct complex and comprehensive feasibility studies and detail designs, establish standards and programming processes, recommends and implement ICT systems improvements as needed.
- Document new and existing systems and coordinate system development activities and data processing services in liaison with user department.
- Coordinate development and implementation of new ICT based innovation in the corporation in liaison with other departments.
- Stimulate solution identification and development of new ideas with staff on IT based
- Train employees in work procedures, standards and safety practices and review work in progress or upon completion for compliance with standards
- Provide field support to ICT staff and monitor their performance to ensure smooth running of the ICT systems.
- Develop a sound financial budget for the department.
- Serve as a member of the executive management of the corporation.
- Participating in making decisions on all matters relevant to the running of the corporation.
Requirements for Appointments
- Bachelor degree in ICT or equivalent
- Profession ICT certification by Microsoft. Cisco or equivalent
- Relevant Master’s degree or professional Post-Graduate Diploma
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Should have worked for over 8 Years in management position of a busy institution.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies
- Certificate of good conduct from directorate of criminal investigation
- Tax compliance certificate from the Kenya revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications should first register with M-Post. To register SMS M-Post 40777 and follow instructions accordingly.
Upon registering submit application to the Postmaster General on P.O. Box 34567 Nairobi -00100 Nairobi to reach him not later than 4th November 2016