- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality;
- Run client audit engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing and completing integrated and financial statement audits, and managing their to budget;
- Supervise, train, and mentor audit associates and interns on the audit process, and assess performance of audit staff for audit engagement reviews and quarterly performance reviews;
- Work with audit team to identify and resolve client issues discovered during audit engagements;
- Research and analyze accounting issues and transactions, and audit-related and tax-related issues utilizing computer programs, and employ audit software to review and compile financial information;
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform the audit engagement;
- Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve audit-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements;
- Assist audit partners and senior management on proposals and business development calls;
- Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes and business objectives, and utilize that knowledge on the audit engagements;
- Participate in the firm’s on-going audit recruiting efforts as needed; and.
- Attend professional development and training sessions on a regular basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related business field required;
- CPA, ACCA, or CIMA is highly desirable;
- 3-5 years of progressive audit experience in a professional services firm;
- Team player with strong interpersonal, communication and project management skills;
- Fluent in English;
- Strong technical accounting and auditing skills;
- Ability to supervise audit staff and lead client projects;
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships;
- Ability to manage multiple client engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment;
- Strong leadership, recruiting, training and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills;
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills;
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and audit preparation software; and
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2488”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2488 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 8th November 2016
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.