Pwani University, a Premier University at the Coast situated in the beautiful scenic tourist resort town of Kilifi is an equal opportunity employer.
The University’s Mission is to generate, disseminate and apply knowledge while sustaining excellence in teaching, learning and research by molding students to international standards and encouraging and supporting members of staff to undertake research.
School of Agricultural Sciences and Agribusiness
Department of Animal Sciences
The University is seeking to recruit competent and professional staff at the level of
Lecturer in Veterinary Science
This is a university teaching position.
Appointment is either on permanent and pensionable terms or on a three (3) year renewable performance-based contract, depending on age, citizenship, or any other reason.
Applicants MUST be holders of a Masters Degree in Veterinary Medicine or its equivalent from an accredited and recognised university.
The 1st degree should also be in Veterinary Medicine.
Applicants must also be registered members of the Kenya Veterinary Board (KVB)
- Should have at least three (3) years relevant work experience at University level / Research institution /Industry.
- Should have evidence of contribution to university/research institution through activities such as participation in departmental management, students’ academic/research advising, school or university/institutional meetings, committee membership and related matters.
- Should demonstrate community involvement (e.g. Member of BOG, SMC etc.)
Applicants should demonstrate the ability to
- Teach/conduct research and supervise students and/or staff.
- Design and Develop academic programmes and curriculi Publications
Applicants Must have a minimum of four (4) publication points.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to
- Teaching ( 3 units per semester) and evaluation of undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Setting, moderating, administering, processing and marking examinations.
- Adhering to the examination policy.
- Academic advising and mentoring undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Articulating the Vision and Mission of the University, and the Department and the Faculty.
- Initiating, planning and conducting research.
- Development of teaching and learning materials.
- Supervising undergraduate and postgraduate students in research activities. Developing research proposals for funding. Participate in meetings and conferences related to research and building inter-disciplinary collaboration within and outside the department.
- Participating in preparation of Department and Faculty strategic plans.
- Organizing and supervising educational activities for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Taking part in seminars, workshops, conferences etc, in relevant fields.
- Participating in administrative, academic and consultancy activities in the Department
- Participating in planning, development, implementation and evaluation of curricula in the Department.
- Attending and participating in the Departmental meetings and other activities for effective and efficient management of the Department and Faculty.
- Performing any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or delegated by the Head of Department, Dean of Faculty or other Officer of the University in accordance with the University statutes.
Terms of Service: Benefits for the above position include a competitive basic salary, house allowance, medical cover for staff and dependants, life Insurance, opportunities for further development and training and other regular allowances.
Interested applicants should send three (3) copies) of their application for the position.
Applications and recommendations letters from referees should be addressed to
The Vice Chancellor
P. O Box 195-80108,
Applications should include an up to date CV, giving details of applicants age, marital status, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, present post and salary, email address, telephone, names and contacts of three referees who are knowledgeable about the competence of the applicant, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials.
Pwani University is an equal opportunity employer, female candidates and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for submitting applications is Friday 21st October 2016.
Applications received later than this date will not be considered.
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.