Job Description: A Research Analyst will support both the consultancy and research arms of Busara in making informed decisions and setting priorities on projects.
The Research Analyst will work closely with the Busara-Kenya Office and occasionally directly with researchers (academic researchers) to perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Engage in multiple large-scale research and consulting project at a given time.
- Managing external and internal engagements independently and with limited supervision.
- Interprets, evaluates and clarifies research requests to determine potential data sources and informational resources; identifies and discusses research needs.
- Provides customized research reports, highlighting main findings and key points, and effectively communicate the results to the user both orally and in writing.
- Identifies, troubleshoots and resolves inquiries on external and internal research data and acts as research resource person for internal faculty, senior administration, staff and external parties.
- Recommends data sources and database design as well as makes recommendations on all phases of research projects.
- Help in designing effective survey instruments and coordinates all activities associated with the survey study including formatting, scanning, analyzing, summarizing and presenting results; writes reports highlighting key findings and makes presentations of results.
- Be detail oriented while sustaining a global focus and vision for institutional planning and decision making.
- Strong qualitative, quantitative, research, and data analytic skills
- General Logistics planning; including but not limited to pre and post planning of field activities to ensure the smooth running of the projects.
- Perform any other duty as maybe assigned by your supervisor
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Public Policy, or related fields.
- Strong qualitative, quantitative, research, and data analytic skills.
- Extensive experience managing large scale research and consulting projects in Kenya.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently and a team player.
- Interest and experience working in a fast-paced working environment.
- Fluency and excellent communication and writing skills with a mastery of English language.
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials-preferred.
- Familiarity with and interest in behavioral economics-preferred
- Familiarity with STATA.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure that the subject line reads: “Analyst REF NO: BU-2016-10-19”.