Job Title: Sales Manager – Trade
Job holder reports to: Head of Sales
Number of people to be supervised: 8
Percentage of travel involved: 50%
Job Location: Nairobi.
- Age: 35 – 50 years
- Gender: Male / Female
Business Purpose / Objective: As a Sales Manager is responsible for achieving the organization sales and profitability goals.
This role provides direction and leadership to the field Staff while responsible for the customer satisfaction and market share within the country
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities
a. Develops annual business plan in conjunction with the Head of sales, detailed with activities to follow during the fiscal year, which will focus the Sales Manager on meeting or exceeding sales quota.
b. Assist in pricing in relation to the market demand and competitions.
c. Meet A class customers at least once in a quarter and the rest once in 6 months
d. To manage the Sales team and field merchandiser sales team
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team
- Organize and motivates the sales team; on customer care and product knowledge.
e. To manage Customer credit
- Work with management to continuously set up credit limits ( keeps customer and does not cost the company)
- Ensure credit limits are not surpassed
- Ensure credit is settled on time
f. Monitor performance and report early.
- To monitor and manage performance
- Set up performance targets for the team
- Monitor performance and compiles monthly reports of sales representatives and presents to management.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory, including the use of Microsoft Outlook to maintain accurate records to maximize territory potential.
g. Co-ordinates Marketing Activities by developing a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face cold calling on business owners, direct mail, email, and networking.
h. Customer Service
- Responsible for sourcing and developing client relationships and referrals
- Maintain contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of Client Satisfaction.
- Extensive knowledge of sales & marketing techniques,
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and written
- Managerial and supervisory skills
- Organizational and planning skills,
- Good Customer service skills
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Sales & marketing Skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Demonstrated strengths in relationship building and conflict management.
- Good negotiation skills
- People management skills
- Strong communication collaboration interpersonal and communication and relationship building skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical and decision making skills
- Ability to follow up issues
Preferred Professional Qualification
- Degree in Sales and Marketing or any related field
- MBA sales & marketing will be an added advantage
Number of years of Experience: 7 years experience in sales
Preferred Educational Qualification: Graduate
Salary: Kshs 150,000 PM
Responses to go to email@example.com cc firstname.lastname@example.org