- Manage all travel booking arrangements for the Director and the MDI team, including other related requirements such as visas, hotel accommodation and foreign currency. It should be noted that most of the MDI team are not based in Nairobi.
- Pro-actively manage and organise a variety of meetings, including dial-ins/Lync/Video calls, all logistics and checking attendees in advance – and where appropriate take notes and follow up on/monitor action points
- Maintain a workflow tracking document / tool on the different MDI projects / initiatives etc.
- Monitor the team’s budget and track the budget and process invoices for key projects
- Provide support to Research Manager/Adviser in overseeing contracts/budgets for research projects.
- Play supportive role, if requested, in the analysis of research data
- Prepare expense claims for the Director and team
- Support with the design and production of communications materials for the team, e.g. power point presentations
- Maintain filing and correspondence as necessary
- Develop strong, positive relationships with all relevant stakeholders on behalf of the Director and MDI team.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience of planning and organising meetings and events, with a strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Sound judgement and an ability to effectively prioritise multiple tasks in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to adopt a pro-active approach and offer solutions as appropriate
- Willingness to learn new skills and engage in other elements of the MDI’s mandate as requested
- Strong written and oral communication skills, fluent in English, with an eye for detail
- Ability to liaise and communicate effectively with a broad range of people at all levels, across different cultures and to act with credibility, discretion, tact and diplomacy both within and without the organisation.
- Maintain a calm disposition and positive outlook particularly when working under pressure
- Self- motivated with ability to work autonomously
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of Save the Children.
- Interest/knowledge in migration and displacement issues/debate would be of benefit.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application closes 31st October 2016
We work with children, communities and governments all over the world and we believe in the right person for the job regardless of where you come from and how you identify yourself.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents