Summary: Our client is an international bi-monthly print magazine bringing a world-class editorial team, which explores global and local issues from an African perspective.
- To take responsibility for reaching our client’s monthly revenue targets.
- To directly manage and oversee the delivery of sales targets
- To direct the process of generating revenue through direct sponsorship and partnership sales for print, digital and event platforms:
- Below the line
- Above the line
- To develop and write up proposal concepts that position and establish our client as a premier commercial partner for leading brands.
- To increase sales opportunities, maximize revenue, improve market position and achieve financial growth.
- To build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Using specialist knowledge and network to contribute ideas in prospect development
- To identify potential new customers, develop proposals and costings for solutions and services through which our client can meet clients’ present and future needs.
- To help manage existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive.
- To prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients.
- To present to prospects and ultimately convert them into clients
- To develop the pipeline of new business coming in to the company. This requires research and developing a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Science, Media, Communications, Advertising or related fields, or a minimum five years equivalent work experience.
- Maturity and confidentiality
- Time management and deadline consciousness
- Confidence and “can-do” attitude
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle pressure and attendant crises without loss of self-control or destablilisation of the broader team
- Perseverance and patience as well as ability to maintain team cohesion and motivation to perform at a high level (team work consciousness)
- Strong proposal writing/ grammatical skills as well as attention to visual detail
- IT skills
- Numerical skills (for budget management)
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by clicking on: Senior Commercial Manager
Kindly include your current and expected remuneration in your resume.
Be advised, this job is open to Kenyan nationals only