Shining Hope for Community (SHOFCO)
Position: Accounts Assistant
Location: Mathare, Nairobi
Reports to: Finance Manager
Hours: Monday- Friday, 8am to 5pm
Job Purpose: This position’s role is to assist in financial accounting, especially petty cash disbursements, tracking and reconciliation of the same.
Also key is filing system reliability and ensuring payments are authorized and properly documented.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of the organizations petty cash with the help of the finance manager. This entails issuance of approved petty cash expenses, petty cash reconciliation and posting of the same in Shining Hope for Communities system for review by the Finance manager.
- Making payments for all approved cash expenditures either via MPESA or cash and maintaining the updated cash and MPESA records.
- Receiving and tracking all project incomes subject to review by the finance manager at month end.
- Scanning all supporting documents and storing them in Shining Hope for Communities system for easy retrieval.
- Aiding in filing statutory returns.
- Assisting external auditors during annual audits
- Preparing specific donor reports with the help of the finance manager as and when needed
- Checking from time to time project documentation process especially with regard to the community forums and communicate on how this can be improved.
Education and Experience
- A holder of CPA(k), ACCA finalist.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Word , Excel and Internet
- 2 Years working experience especially in an informal setup
- Understanding of generally accepted Financial and Accounting procedures
- Excellent analytical Skills
- Ability to plan and execute tasks with minimal supervision
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Strong personality and team player
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Comfortable working in informal settlements
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org quoting their current and expected salaries.
Applications without this information will not be considered.
DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should reach us no later than 31st October 2016.