The Kenya’s Scaling up Nutrition Civil Society Alliance (SUN CSA) is a national non-profit making network that was set up in October 2013 to mobilize civil society organizations to champion scaling up nutrition in Kenya.
In order to implement this Programme, SUN CSA is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Programme officer to be based in Mombasa County.
S/he should have a strong track record of building effective relationships with a variety of actors in relevant institutions (state, private sector, civil society, academia & media) that can supplement the Programme’s lobbying and advocacy activities.
- Mapping of County CSOs and stakeholders implementing nutrition specific and sensitive actions and formation of a multi-stakeholders platform at county level for scale-up of nutrition.
- Holding high-level advocacy meetings with highly influential individuals and groups in the county for political prioritization of nutrition.
- Establishing Public-Private Partnerships for Nutrition to support nutrition related actions through collaboration with other SUN Networks.
- Mobilizing CSOs working in nutrition relevant fields to establish SUN CSA Mombasa County Chapter that links up with the national CSA.
- Support in development and review of strategic documents e.g. CNAP, AWP, HSSIP, and CIDP to ensure that nutrition is part of the agenda in the documents.
- Search for opportunities to utilize media in nutrition awareness and advocacy.
- Holding periodic programme review meetings with relevant stakeholders.
- Contribute to monitoring & evaluation using through outcome harvesting
- Periodic report writing.
- Diploma or equivalent in Nutrition, public health, community development and Social Sciences. A university Degree is an added advantage.
- At least one (2) year experience delivering advocacy Programmes in Kenya
- Strong communication, networking, report writing and facilitation skills
- Experienced in establishing and managing multi-stakeholder initiatives
- A firm grasp and knowledge of Kenyan County government system, including county budgeting process.
- Proficiency in computer packages (e.g. MS word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Civic education experience including experience using social media and other new technology
- Excellent in written and oral language skills in English and Kiswahili
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of projects focusing On outcomes as well as donor reporting
- Flexibility, and the ability to work under pressure, prioritize and deliver timely interventions.
If interested, please send your application (CV and motivation letter stating your salary expectations) with the reference “SUN CSA – Programme Officer” clearly indicated in the email subject line to:
Deadline for application: October 31st, 2016
Ideal start date: Immediate
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.