Authority’s mandate is to promote and safeguard competition and also
protect consumers from unfair and misleading market conduct.
- Plan and conduct risk based internal audits of various departments including operational, compliance, system and value for money audits in line with Authority’s Annual Audit Plan as approved by the Board Audit Committee.
- Performs general and application control reviews for simple to complex computer information systems.
- Performs information control reviews of internal control procedures to include system development standards, operating procedures, system security, programming controls, communication controls, back up and disaster recovery and systems maintenance.
- Prepares audit reports and working papers to ensure that adequate documentation exists to support the completed audit conclusions.
- Conduct discussions with Senior Management on key audit issues and recommendations through exit meetings at the end of the audit assignments.
- Follow up on implementation of audit recommendations and prepare statistics on the number of audit issues outstanding, resolved and prepare summary of action taken or to be taken to resolve unresolved issues.
- Perform other adhoc audit assignments relating to governance, risk management and control as appropriate to the Authority.
- Provide support to the External Auditors – both statutory by KENAO or other auditors, covering Financial and System Audits.
- Carry out audit reviews of the strategic plan to ensure its implementation in line with set timelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting or Business related field;
- Full professional qualification like Certified Public Accountant (CPA K) and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and/or ACCA.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and/or Certified Information Security Management(CISM)
- Fraud Examiner (CFE) an added advantage.
- At least 3 years Internal Systems Audit experience gained from reputable organizational; and
- Diverse experience in internal controls.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multitask;
- Analytical skills;
- Ability to write complex reports; and
- Good interpersonal skills.
you possess the above qualifications, please write quoting the Job
Reference and Title on both the application letter and envelope
accompanied by an up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current
and expected remuneration and other benefits, academic and professional
qualifications, work experience, your e-mail and telephone contacts.
curriculum vitae should indicate names, phone numbers, postal and email
addresses of at least two (2) referees who are familiar with your
previous academic/work experience.
Please attach copies of your educational, professional certificates, identity card or passport.
applications should either be sent by post, e-mail, or hand delivered
to the Authority’s offices located at Kenya Railways HQs Block “D”
Ground floor, to be received on or before 3rd November 2016 at 5 P.M.
General Competition Authority of Kenya
P O Box 36265 – 00200
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CAK is “an Equal Opportunity Employer” Women, Youth and Persons living with Disability are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Please note that, applications without all the specified attachments will not be considered.