A fast growing accountancy firm based in Nairobi is currently recruiting a qualified, experienced and self-driven tax assistant.
This position requires one to have deep knowledge and good understanding of the Kenyan tax code and tax legislations.
The tax assistant will anticipate and identify technical tax issues and provide appropriate solutions. The firm has expertise in serving SMEs, Pension schemes, SACCOs and NGOs.
The tax assistant will work closely with the Managing Partner and other staff in the tax department to serve individual and corporate clients in Income Tax, Statutory Deductions, VAT, WHT, Customs & Excise Duty, and other taxes/ levies.
- Thorough knowledge of the Kenyan tax code and tax legislations plus an awareness of constantly emerging issues.
- A high level of ICT proficiency, especially in the Ms. Office Suite.
- A high level of proficiency in KRA’s iTax platform.
- A high level of proficiency in at least one accounting package.
- Ensuring all taxation filing and payment deadlines are met and transactions are applied accurately and consistently across the accounting system(s) for both the firm and its clients.
- Conducting regular client tax audits, especially for VAT.
- Prompt response to clients’ inquiries on their tax issues, including visits to them.
- Regular presentations to clients on pertinent tax matters.
- Cross-selling of the firm’s products and services.
- Organizing and managing all tax reports, statements and documents relating to clients through a comprehensive filing system.
- Strict confidentiality on client tax matters.
- Regular correspondences with KRA on client tax matters.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills. The candidate must be able to work in a systematic and organized manner.
- Working with a high level of accuracy and a keen attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn and accept guidance from others for personal improvement.
- A high ethical and professional standing.
- Excellent relationship building skills and an ability to sell the firm’s products and services.
- Proactiveness and a strong focus on the delivery of set targets.
- Ability to be creative and bring new ideas to the role and function.
- A positive attitude and passion to excel.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to coach junior staff members.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Minimum CPA-K Qualification
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience in Tax
If you feel that that this challenging, yet rewarding opportunity is a perfect opportunity for you, send us a covering letter explaining why you are the right candidate for the position plus a CV, indicating names of 3 referees plus your current and expected salary to email@example.com latest by close of business on Friday, 4th November 2016.