Tax Manager – MDN Kenya
Background: MDN Kenya (formerly Muchekehu Nyakang’o & Co.) is a firm of Certified Public Accountants, established in Nairobi in 1985, and has evolved over the years through mergers and re-organizations to become the firm it is today.
The firm offers pro-active, client-focused professional advice on corporate and business matters to organizations and individuals in Kenya and overseas.
We are committed to providing a high-quality service that represents value for money.
To achieve this we invest time in gaining a thorough understanding of each client’s business and developing close working relationships. This enables us to put forward relevant ideas and advice and to identify and resolve issues efficiently.
Job Brief: We are looking for an experienced Tax Manager to lead and manage multiple operations of the tax practice.
You will serve as a business advisor to our clients aiming at maximizing engagement and achieving qualitative outcomes.
Reporting to the Managing Partner, the incumbent will be required but not limited to;
- Deliver a full range of tax services in compliance with laws and regulations within timeframe
- Build relationships and interact with clients to provide excellent planning, consulting and expertise
- Provide innovative tax planning and review complex income tax returns
- Identify and mitigate tax risks
- Coordinate accounting staff and assess their performance
- Manage tax provision and tax compliance process
- Improve processes by developing or implementing best practices
- Manage and coordinate tax audits
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business from a recognized institution
- CPA (K) or ACCA certification
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Excellent knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns
- Good at meeting deadlines and solving problems
- Exceptional client service along with the ability to develop excellent client relationships
- Strong leadership and personnel management skills
- Analytical skills with detail orientation
- Previous experience with an audit firm will be an added advantage
If you fit the above profile and are interested in this challenging opportunity, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail and telephone contacts quoting the job title in the field of interest directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9th November 2016.