- Follow up and document the success of innovations especially businesses happening in the programs e.g. vegetable growing, tree nurseries, selling chickens, chicks or eggs, efficient cook stoves, solar lights sales etc.
- Document feedback from the field staff and farmers into simple and easy to use business plans.
- Document costs, revenue and profits on business plans that Village Based Advisors and farmers can use to easily start up similar businesses, based on the successes being documented in the field.
- Assisting the MD directly with innovations.
- Interact with agrovets and farmers and advise on good horticultural practices.
- Help in advising farmers.
- Diploma or Degree from a relevant agricultural field.
- At least 2 years agri-experience from private sector.
- Work experience in a field such as horticulture or agribusiness.
- Energetic and loves to interact with farmers and agri-related practises.
- Practical hands on experience in agriculture, farming, horticulture.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Willingness and ready to travel locally and regionally.
- Open to a lot of field work.
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2429”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2429 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 26th October 2016
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.