Program Description: TechnoServe is supporting the implementation of a pilot program that aims to address shortcomings in existing digital payment systems in the dairy sector by tailoring digital financial tools for disbursements and input purchases alongside the adoption of improved operations management (DOM) systems to facilitate use of digital transactions to expand credit provision.
- Refine the value proposition of digital financial tools in the dairy sector and define strategies to overcome barriers and risks to adoption (including financial, mobile and product literacy)
- Test new digital financial tools as a model to increase access to working capital credit and other tailored financial services (including asset finance, insurance).
- If this pilot program demonstrates that the proposed digital financial tools can effectively advance rural financial inclusion, there would be numerous opportunities to scale the model across other agricultural sectors.
The Program Manager will provide overall strategic direction to the program and will be responsible for delivery of the programs objectives.
- Lead development and execution of the overall strategic vision, goals and objectives of the program
- Lead strategic planning and contribute to implementation of all activities related to market research, stakeholder engagement and capacity development
- Lead program networking and build and manage relationships with banks, SACCOs, ICT providers, consultants, and other key private and public sector representatives
- With support from the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) expert, develop and manage implementation of the M&E framework and system
- Provide overall program management, including technical, financial and administrative oversight
- Manage long term and short term staff working on the project and improve the performance of the team through mentoring and coaching
- Assist the Country Director to ensure the project is implemented with sound managerial, technical, financial, personnel and overall programmatic practices, and that the processes and activities adhere to corporate policy, legal and contractual obligations and corporate and donor standards
- Attend progress meetings with donors/partners and develop and submit all reporting requirements
- Degree in Marketing, Banking, ICT and/or related fields
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience of which 3 years must be in a management role
- Training and experience working in M4P projects a must
- Private sector experience working in banking, ICT or in marketing
- Track record of building and managing strong client and stakeholder relationships with private, public sector and government
- Confident with project management and reporting
- Excellent communication, analytical and strategy skills
- Confident with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Is a self-starter, energetic, and friendly
- Comfortable with new ways of thinking and working
- Engages people and empowers them to deliver on promises
- Maintains integrity and personal reputation
- Ability to analyse complex issues and propose solutions
- Reviews information quickly and does not hesitate to try out solutions
- Is passionate about knowledge learning and sharing
Cover Letter and a detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2489”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2489, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 15th November 2016
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over email or SMS. The test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.