Role Purpose: The IT Security Expert will provide direction related to governance functions such as risk management, IT, and Compliance throughout the organization as necessary, advice on information security matters such as routine security activities plus emerging security risks and control technologies.
- Involved in the design, implementation, operation and maintenance of the Information Security Management System.
- Performing security maintenance, including but not limited to managing logging infrastructure and managing email SPAM filtering appliances.
- Carry out security assessments on upcoming IT and Application Development projects to ensure a reasonable level of risk mitigation between go live and the vulnerability assessment dates.
- Act as a security representative to the various projects; provide information security oversight and advice on RFPs and RFIs.
- Design and implement information security policies, processes, procedures and minimum baseline standards for configuration of various systems.
- Collaborating with IT on disaster recovery planning, testing and maintenance.
- Design, implement and administer system access control processes.
- Execute project management roles in the integration of security solutions.
- Performing network and web applications security vulnerability checks and penetration testing.
- Perform system security assessments and evaluation of the uncovered vulnerabilities to determine how to manage the risk.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or relevant work experience.
- Four years’ experience in IT Security
- At least 2-6 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Linux Professional Institute Professional
- Ability to work under own initiative and within a team
- Keen to detail
- Ability to keep up with security industry trends
- Interpersonal skills
- Remains calm and focused under pressure
- Customer oriented
- Proven competency in communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to proactively provide timely feedback
- Effective communication skills that cut across different customer profiles
Application should be sent by latest 23rd October 2016, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.