Tourism Act, 2011 which came into operation on 1st September, 2012 vide
special issue Kenya Gazette Supplement No. 93 of 24th August, 2012.
The Board of Trustees seeks to recruit a qualified and competent staff to fill the following vacant position:
Job Summary: This position reports to the Director, Finance and Administration and shall be responsible for coordination of procurement functions and to ensure that procurement processes are carried out in line with the procurement law and laid down procedures.
- To ensure that all procurements are carried out in line with the law and regulations.
- To oversee the procurement unit’s preparation and implementation of the budget, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
- To prepare and implement procurement and disposal policies and plans
- To ensure all staff are familiar with and comply with the provisions of procurement law and other related guidelines.
- To maintain accurate records of inventory, issues and re-order levels.
- To ensure that contract files of vendors, suppliers’ qualifications, timely deliveries and quality controls are well documented and maintained.
- To prepare bid documents, quotations and requests for proposals for use by the Fund.
- To evaluate bids submitted by vendors and make recommendations based on commercial and technical factors
- To draft vendor contract documents for approval by the Director, Finance and Administration.
- To manage and conduct performance management reviews for the unit.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Procurement or its equivalent from a recognized university.
- Professional qualification in Procurement and Supply Chain Management from a recognized institution.
- A master’s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage.
- A member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) or a relevant professional body.
- Possess a valid practicing license.
- Have a minimum of eight (8) years post qualification experience three (3) of which must be at senior managerial level.
- Leadership and integrity qualities as set out in chapter 6 of the Constitution and demonstrated compliance to the public service values and principles as defined in the Constitution.
- High degree of professional competence and administrative capacity required for effective planning, direction, control and coordination of Supply Chain Management programmes.
- Ability to articulate, interpret supply chain goals, policies and programmes and relate them to the supply chain function.
- Demonstrate managerial and leadership skills including motivating, mentoring, developing and coaching teams
- Practical working knowledge and competence with purchasing management software and/or automated procurement systems is mandatory.
and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications
indicating their current salary together with a detailed curriculum
vitae, professional certificates and testimonials
The candidate must also attach the following
- Valid certificate of good conduct
- EACC clearance
- HELB clearance certificate
- Valid KRA compliance itax certificate.
- Clearance from a reputable credit reference bureau
P.O. Box 46987 – 00100
Soft copy applications to be sent to email@example.com so as to reach on or before 24th October 2016.
Minorities and people living with disabilities are encouraged to apply