Number of Positions Open: 1
Summary: The Board of directors of our client has formed a new company which focuses on the distribution of household products with a highly positive social impact to the base of the pyramid families and communities across East Africa.
- Develop, implement, and monitor training programs within the organization.
- Supervise ground training for staff.
- Conduct orientation sessions.
- Create brochures and training materials.
- Develop multimedia visual aids and presentations for the training materials
- Create testing and evaluation processes.
- Prepare and implement training budget.
- Evaluate needs of company and plan training programs accordingly.
- Conduct performance evaluations.
- Provide classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Provide performance feedback.
- Conduct continuing education training.
- Provide leadership development education.
- Build solid cross-functional relationships.
- Plan the implementation and facilitation of activities and events, budget spending, material production and distribution, and other resources to ensure that operations are managed within authorized budgets.
- Assist with the development of strategic plans.
- Assist with operational needs.
- Crafting of business and people solutions; Working with senior managers, coaching them and advising on all people issues
- Dealing with complex disciplinary/grievance and HR issues, using HR and company knowledge evidencing appropriate decision making skills
- Work with the staff welfare committee to ensure the welfare of staff within the organization
- Supporting the company’s strategic goals through HR programs and policies as they apply to employee relations, compensation, benefits, safety, performance and staffing levels.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Managing talent and succession planning by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- University Degree in Business preferably with a bias in HR desired.
- Member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM).
- Minimum of 4 years working experience (work experience in the Solar industry would be an added advantage)
- Knowledge and experience of Kenyan labour laws.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software and other relevant office software and devices
- Honesty, integrity, a positive attitude and a good work ethic
- Confidentiality, tact, creative thinker, self-motivated, dynamic, proactive and charismatic.
- Team player with excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Effective problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and handle challenges
- Flexible, outgoing, mature, personable, vibrant, energetic and professional.
- Able to priorities and decide on the most effective way to deliver on objectives and meet deadlines.
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on: Training Manager and HR Generalist
This role is open to Kenyan nationals only
Kindly include your current and expected remuneration in your resume