Job Title: VMMC Advisor
Report To: Program Director
Overall Job Function: The VMMC Technical Advisor will provide technical leadership, management and supervision of all VMMC activities in UMB -supported facilities under the PACT-TIMIZA project.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of VMMC program in Migori County
- Provide programmatic and technical oversight for the implementation of VMMC activities
- Supervise staff involved in implementation of the VMMC program
- Coordinate procurement of VMMC equipment and consumables
- Provide relevant VMMC training to health care providers along with supportive supervision, and/or mentoring as necessary to ensure high quality service provision
- Lead annual work planning and prepare quarterly reports for the program
- Coordinate closely with the demand creation team to put together weekly, monthly, and quarterly plans for day-to-day and campaign activities that ensure a balance of supply and demand to meet targets.
- Ensure sufficient post-training supervision to ensure providers are competent in the VMMC procedure
- Represent UMB in meetings organized by the donor or MoH, technical working groups, and in professional circles through meetings, conferences and presentations.
- Document best practices on VMMC for lay and technical audiences
- To perform any other duties as assigned by the Program Director
- Medical (MBCHB ) or Master’s degree in a clinical discipline (Nursing, Clinical Medicine, Public Health)
- At least five years’ experience in HIV and AIDS prevention, care and treatment programs, with a particular focus on VMMC preferred
- Experience conducting or supervising VMMC procedures
- Experience designing and/or implementing training programs for VMMC
- Knowledge of key VMMC quality-assured, evidenced-based best practices, trends and new devices
- Experience with donor-funded health projects
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
Kindly send your application, cover letter and current CV with the names of three professional referees email@example.com on or before 25th October, 2016 with subject: “VMMC ADVISOR”
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted