Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Location: Africa – Kenya
Town / City: Karen
Category: Programme Effectiveness
Type: Fixed term, Full-time
International Role: No – Only National applicants will be considered.
Purpose of Position: The position holder will lead a team for the implementation of project performance monitoring, evaluation and humanitarian accountability systems.
The incumbent will promote understanding of M&E process to World Vision teams, partners, beneficiaries and donors.
The position holder will assist project teams to develop and implement tools to ensure beneficiaries are informed of project goal, implementation methodologies, beneficiary selection criteria, project timeline and entitlements. He/she will monitor adherence to World Vision/donor food assistance standards.
The incumbent will take lead in assessment and baseline processes to promote quality design and to help measure project impact. With the support of the Cash and Voucher Project Manager the position holder will facilitate donor engagement to ensure integration and mutual accountability.
Ensure quality and timely assessment and Evaluations are conducted to support design, (re)design of projects and measure impact:
- Coordinate all facets of assessment/baseline process
- Spearhead dissemination of assessment/baseline findings to appropriate stakeholders both internal and external
Ensure accountability mechanisms are in place and functional to achieve measurable improvement in community engagement, information-sharing, coordination, complaints and response handling:
- With guidance and mentoring from Quality Assurance and Strategy Manager establish Community Response Mechanisms (CRM):
- Conduct community level HA assessment and advise on appropriate mechanisms for recording complaints, receiving feedback, and providing feedback and responses to WV and partners;
- Establish Community Feedback Mechanism;
- Procure and distribute appropriate HA tools and information materials to facilitate the functionality of CRMs initiated.
- With guidance and mentoring from Quality Assurance and Strategy Manager, manage Community Response Mechanism (CRM):
- Receive, record and analyze feedback from all CRMs established;
- Together with Cash and Food Assistance Manager, review feedback findings and determine course of action to be taken;
- Provide communities with WV feedback in a timely manner;
- Monitor the implementation of recommendations by project teams;
- Analyze feedback trends on a quarterly basis to provide management with accountability learnings
- Intentionally, regularly informally and formally consult with Beneficiaries, non-beneficiaries, Government and other agencies to receive Feedback on our Programs, commitment and Staff conduct;
Ensure beneficiaries are informed of project implementation strategies, beneficiary selection criteria, project timeline and entitlements:
- For district level program, develop and implement specific project site information provision plans;
- In support of project teams, prepare information materials, inclusive of translation, contextualization, and procurement;
- Provide technical guidance to project teams/partners to implement information provision guidelines;
- Develop and update a list of key project contacts
Ensure monitoring and evaluation tools are implemented to track and measure project performance:
- With guidance and mentoring from Quality Assurance and Strategy Manager, implement the project performance M&E tools to track indicators in line with the project Log frames, DIPs, ITTs, M&E Plans:
- Implement accountability and monitoring tools in target communities;
- Identify and document Most Significant Change stories on a quarterly basis
Ensure information sharing between WV, donors and partners in support of integration, mutual accountability and good working relations:
- Develop and share periodic reports: OSM, MBFSM, PDM and HA;
- Prepare recommendation matrices and track actions taken by stakeholder;
- Organize quarterly review meetings between WV project teams and WFP teams and prepare and share notes;
- Assists management in efforts to promote integration and resource-sharing between WV and donors:
- Prepare integration meeting minutes
- Prepare project level scope documents to facilitate mapping purposes/information sharing across agencies
Ensure timely, accurate reporting:
- Prepare and submit periodic monitoring reports to the Cash and Voucher Project Manager in a timely manner:
- Monthly narrative report
- Monthly Onsite Monitoring reports
- Monthly Market Based Food Security Monitoring reports,
- Quarterly Post Distribution Monitoring reports,
- Work closely with Project Manager and compilation and dissemination of Mid-Term project progress report
- Map out and report the project contribution to Annual CWB reporting.
- Organize review meetings to inform project teams about issues identified and agree on the course of action;
- Prepare and share monthly recommendation matrices and track action taken by the different project stakeholders including project Management, WFP, beneficiaries and community leaders, etc.
Ensure staff under management are well-trained and performance managed:
- Ensure performance management tools are in place for teams under management;
- Ensure adequate training for teams under your management to implement their duties;
- Ensure succession plans are in place;
- Provide on-the-job mentoring to field staff, reviewing work and encouraging career development where possible;
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Educational level required: Bachelor’s Degrees (development field);
- Technical Training qualifications desired: M&E skills
- Experience 2 years of experience with M&E and accountability
- Other: Experience in data management and computer skills
Working Environment / Conditions:
Work environment: Nairobi- based
Travel: 10% Domestic and international travel is required for this position.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Application Deadline Date: 28-Oct-16