Request for Prequalified Enumerators / Data Clerks for World Vision Somaliland Programme
Location: Somaliland Regions; Togdher / Awdal / Marodijeh
Background Information: World Vision International Somaliland program is a child focused and community based, relief and development agency implementing projects in above mentioned regions.
Part of the work involves routine data collection, assessing of progress of on-going projects through data collection for baselines and evaluations.
World Vision International Somaliland Program recognises the importance of building local capacities to sustain this development process and as such one way to achieve this is by enhancing the skills of young fresh graduates.
To that end, WVI Somaliland Programme is desirous about creating a pool of young graduates with high skills in conducting community level surveys, specifically data collection and entry.
The development of this technical resource pool (TRP) of young people who will offer expertise in data collection that WVI and other agencies can draw upon as and when the need arises.
With that background, WVI Somaliland Programme now invites qualified enumerators/data clerks with experience in provision of the above stated service and capacity to express interest their interest.
Purpose: The primary objective of this advertisement is to get qualified enumerators/data clerks list to undertake comprehensive assessments and routing data collection activities that are being implemented by World Vision International in Somaliland regions.
In addition, it is also aimed to support the young graduates in order to develop their career. Successful candidates will participate in data collection activities; assessments/surveys for WV Somaliland programme.
Main responsibilities and duties;
- Participate in all the technical orientation and mentorship sessions organized by WVI or assigned partner(s)
- Conduct household surveys from target beneficiaries (volume of work is based on assessment design)
- Take part in Key informant interviews and focus group discussions as assigned by the assessment leader
- Review survey documents in order to ensure accuracy of data.
- Ensure adherence to a laid down Code of Conduct for Enumerators & WVI child right policy
- Complete all planned tasks in required time frame evidenced by submission of completed tasks to the supervisor/team leader.
- Knowledge on the local environment and community dynamics
- Ability to collect and gather information in an objective way
- Actively listener who captures exact response from respondents.
- Ability to communicate verbally and written in both Somali and English.
- Basic understanding of applications on mobile technology and computers.
- Ability to build rapport and good working relationships with peers and stakeholders
- Confident and ability to make intelligent decisions
- Both male and female young graduates are encouraged to apply
- Ability to speak read and write both Somali & English
- University Degree in any field related to social development
- Previous experience in data collection activities.
How to apply:
Submit a cover letter accompanied by a detailed CV showing contact telephone number, and names of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring the hard copy original to World Vision Somaliland office, behind Ambassador Hotel not later than (1st November, 2016 at 4:00pm)
The secretary tender committee – World Vision International Somaliland Office in Hargeisa, Behind Ambassador Hotel