WWF-Kenya, the National Conservation Organization, in Kenya, is seeking to recruit the key strategic role of
Chief Operations Officer
Under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Operations Officer will play a critical leadership role in guiding and shaping WWF-Kenya’s organizational development to meet the challenges of a national organization determined to effect change.
The position will be highly strategic in nature, ensuring continual growth, innovation, and efficiency for the organization to operate at the highest levels.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Guide the organizational change process and deliver continual improvements in key operational areas, elevating WWF-Kenya’s profile as a leading Kenyan ‘partner of choice’.
- Exercise leadership on bringing holistic organizational growth and effectiveness of operations as in integral member of the WWF-Kenya Senior Management Team.
- Provide strategic thought and leadership on developing and overseeing the implementation of financial sustainability and business planning.
- Develop and ensure implementation of the Information and Communications Technology strategy to deliver outstanding day to day
service to the organization.
- Provide strategic input in engagement of the WWF-Kenya Board.
- Master’s degree in Business field such as accounting, finance, strategic management;
- CPA (K) / ACCA and a member of a professional body in good standing;
- Diploma in Procurement or supplies Chain management is an added advantage
- Track record of 10+ years in a senior role successfully developing, leading, and managing large-scale programmes and/or organizations in the field of conservation, natural resource management, international development, and/or other related fields.
- The successful candidate will possess excellent team building, organizational, analytical, and communications skills. He or she will be performance driven with the ability to motivate and develop human potential.
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis, contracts and legal compliance.
- Skills mix should include organizational development, human resource management, budget and resource development, strategic planning, and familiarity with information technology.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should email a cover letter and CV with ‘ Chief Operations Officer’ on the subject line to the
not later than 4th November 2016.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.