WWF-Kenya, is seeking to recruit a:
Programme Manager Species (Re-Advertisement)
(To be based in Nairobi)
Reporting to Conservation Director, the Programme Manager – Species will be responsible for ensuring the strategic development and implementation of species conservation work in the country in line with the Kenya Strategic Plan, Country Species Strategies and Network Species Action Plans.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Participates in the development of WWF Kenya conservation strategy and programmes;
- Ensures successful implementation of the Species Conservation Programme and activities in line with WWF Kenya’s Strategic Plan, and action plans;
- Provides programmatic support and technical advice to project teams and field staff ;
- Ensure the Programme has a national focus, which incorporates relevant sectors and stakeholders with potential to attract multi-donor (basket) and multi-year funding;
- Facilitate site based Conservation costs and benefits sharing by local communities;
- Leads in the assessments and reporting of progress against strategic goals;
- Directly supports and contributes to WWF performance monitoring systems;
- Prepares and presents periodic technical reports on the progress of implementation;
- Identifies and pursues strategic collaborations and partnerships;
- Initiates and/or develops strategic conservation and research alliances between WWF Kenya, WWF Network and other actors;
- Promotes cross programmes and projects linkages and synergy;
- Participates in knowledge management;
- Champions the domestication of relevant national, regional and international policy
- Facilitates cross-border species conservation initiatives;
- Develops bankable conservation proposals as part of the wider resource mobilization strategy;
- Develops a cost-effective budget, schedule and tracks programme finances;
- Supervises all species programme staff including field staff.
Qualifications & Competencies
- At least a masters university degree in Natural Resource/ Environmental Management, Project Management, Biology, Ecology, Zoology, Botany or related field;
- At least 7 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Technical proficiency in conservation and integrated natural resource management;
- Strong communication skills (good team leader/player with strong interpersonal skills);
- Program development and management skills;
- Negotiation and contract management skills;
- Financial management skills;
- Policy formulation and review skills;
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, plan and implement strategic initiatives.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should email a cover letter and CV with ‘ Programme Manager Species’ on the subject line to the POD Manager, WWF-Kenya – email@example.com not later than 4 th November 2016.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.
Those who applied before need not reapply.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.