- As a Flight Operator at Zipline, you’ll maintain and operate a fleet of Zips.
- You’ll learn how to take a Zip through preflight checks and launch it.
- You’ll be expected to provide feedback and ideas to the Engineering team on how to make our program safer and smarter.
- Your primary responsibility is to safely and efficiently maintain and operate our fleet of autonomous aircraft.
- You will help us scale to 100+ deliveries per day while maintaining safety and following flight operations protocols at all times.
- At least three years experience working as an aircraft maintenance technician or maintaining other capital equipment (e.g., power turbines, mining equipment.)
- Experience working in a manufacturing or assembly line role or as a skilled tradesman (e.g., electrician, auto mechanic)
- Must enjoy hands-on work, you will be lifting 25kg objects regularly
- Adept at working with mechanical or electrical systems.
- Poise under high pressure situations
- Interest in leading safety critical processes and operations
- Ability to maintain focus during extended flight operations
- Desire to not only follow existing operations protocols, but improve them
- Experience handling and maintaining electro-mechanical products
- Able to identify and distill pain-points and opportunities for improvement to the engineering team
- Enjoys optimizing and fine-tuning processes while running them daily
- Meticulous and process oriented by nature
- Full Professional Proficiency in spoken and written English and Kinyarwanda
- French proficiency preferred but not required
Applications open to Rwandan residents. Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2444”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2444 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 15th October 2016
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.