Zipline is a Silicon Valley-based logistics company that designs, manufactures, and operates small robotic aircraft to deliver essential medical products.
We are looking for a fast learner who can think logically and strategically, someone who has the proven ability to work through really hard problems with patience and perseverance, who is extremely organized and detail-oriented, and who can motivate others and help them work more effectively.
The position requires a highly motivated individual with proven leadership skills, outstanding analytical, problem-solving, organizational, and communication skills, and experience making organizations and/or systems work better.
1. Manage daily operations of the DC, applying as required a hands-on approach to producing solutions to strategic, technical, operational and personnel related challenges which impact on service and performance.
2. Ensure customer experience goals and operational targets are achieved or exceeded through a combination of direct leadership of your team and influence of suppliers and third-party vendors.
3. Lead the constant drive and focus to improve operational efficiency via process, people or practical measures. Develop effective reporting mechanisms and communicate feedback and direct operating experience to the global team, including input on how to prioritize and manage any necessary engineering or operational changes.
4. Build and maintain relationships with partners, delivery logistics partners, and other third-parties to support the mutual growth and success objectives of Zipline.
5. Collaborate to forecast ongoing capacity requirements and partner with merchants to plan resources to meet those requirements. Control the operational levers within the scope in order to achieve cost, quality, and customer satisfaction objectives.
- Minimum 5 years in a operations, logistics, or management role – you are a people person and love working with a team.
- Excellent communication skills for day-to-day relations with public health officials and the local communities served by the Zipline system.
- Experience with vendor management, including: making procurement decisions, signing contracts, and managing vendors to a high level of performance.
- Ability to be effective in high-pressure situations and tight deadlines; loves to work in a fast-paced, multicultural environment.
- Travel as needed within the assigned geographic region to develop and maintain partner relationships, support capacity expansion, and to drive process improvements.
- Experience in transportation, logistics, or supply chain management
- Familiarity with aviation, flight controls, or unmanned aerial vehicles
- Experience with maintenance programs that combine software and hardware
- Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English and Kinyarwanda
- French proficiency preferred but not required.
Applications open to Rwandan residents. Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2457”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2457 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 12th October 2016
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.