In July 2016, ACWICT was announced as a winner of the DREAMS Innovation Challenge, which is funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR); Janssen Pharmaceutical NV (Janssen), one of the Janssen pharmaceutical companies of Johnson & Johnson; and ViiV Healthcare. The award is managed by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc.
The innovation ‘Vusha Girls Employability Program’ will be implemented in Kisumu and Nairobi counties to reduce young women’s risks for transactional sex and HIV infections.
ACWICT therefore seeks to recruit highly committed individuals to fill the following positions:
2 Positions – Nairobi and Kisumu Counties
Reporting to the Program Manager, the County Project Officer will manage the day to day project implementation activities in their respective counties including:
- Developing project implementation plans and ensuring efficiency in recruitment, training and placement of young people.
- Oversee the training activities across the county.
- Participate in securing job and internship opportunities and job placement for the beneficiaries.
- Conduct recruitment, selection and placement of young people and identification of employers and enterprises for the beneficiaries.
- Provide training support to lead trainers and support the monitoring evaluation component of the project and visit interns in their workplace.
- Regular visits to evaluate project progress in each vocational training centre.
- Maintain regular communication with relevant team members and partners.
- Prepare weekly/monthly and quarterly project reports activities in their respective counties for review by the Program Manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in a relevant field
- Qualification in project management
- At least three years direct work experience in a similar capacity.
- Proven experience in people and change management skills.
- Proficiency in IT Skills.
How to Apply
Submit your application to email@example.com
The closing date is 5th December 2016
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
ACWICT is an equal opportunity employer