Location: Arusha, Tanzania
Job Summary: The main purpose of the Assistant Operations Manager is to assist in overseeing all aspects of the lodge operations and create an environment in which other employees can perform at their optimum and, not only utilize their current skills to their full potential, but also grow and develop within their role thereby delivering a profound guest experience, in line with international service standards and design concepts.
- The Assistant Operations Manager will be responsible for the financial performance of the lodge and will oversee relevant cost centers’ and monitor revenue streams.
- Bridge the gap between the lodge staff and property operational requirements and the expectations of the directors.
- Adapt and re-invent service standards according to industry demands
- Ensure ultimate guest relations with the guest relations manager in the lodge and that the “at home” personal attention levels are maintained
- Coordinate general operations both in the Lodge as well as in the camp
- Manage the daily accounts
- Supervise and motivate staff
- Handling and following up on all the complains either from clients or internal issues
- Working with various Hotel properties to get Block bookings and also helping the reservation when stuck with bookings
- Review of the bookings done by reservations department and confirm if booked as per information received.
- Work closely with the Accounts department to monitor all operating costs and budgets
- Prior experience working in a Lodge as an Assistant Operations Manager
- Experience working in remote areas
- Diploma or Degree in a hospitality related field
- Proven management skills
- Previous accounting experience is a plus
- Attention to detail
- At least 8 years’ experience working in the hospitality sector
- Understanding of housekeeping and maintenance procedures
- An awareness of developments within the food and lodge industries, as well as international trends in hospitality
- Exceptional English and a second European language would be an advantage
- Good computer literacy and hotel management systems training
Tanzanian Nationals only to apply.
Do you believe you are the most suitable for this role? Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. As the subject line of your email, write “2524” and please make sure to include, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2524, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.in the message body. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 30th November 2016
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.