Bamba is a fast growing mobile data collection company.
- Their Dev and Ops departments are looking for an intermediary to help both streamline communication and provide dedicated support to Operations.
- Operations needs someone to turn to when systems break down in the field or in projects without pulling Dev teams off their projects.
- You will be trained on their system.
- Well versed and fluent in MySQL. Troubleshooting, Logical Reasoning, Process flow experience.
- Communication is key. You will be engaging in a variety of technical tasks to support Operations, ranging from setting up our systems in new countries (remotely) to troubleshooting technical issues that Ops runs into. We need to be able to rely on you to understand and communicate technical issues and requirements into layman’s terms. You will also be expected to help execute these technical needs.
- Must be completely fluent in English. This application is open to anyone fitting the required skills, Bamba does not discriminate based on age, gender, ethnicity/race, or orientations.
- Bamba expects you to be available, in constant communication, and a go-getter. You must have high energy and be the type of person who can smile and work under pressure.
- In between projects you will be integrated into the Dev team to help them with product testing and upgrades.
- Experience in mobile technology and coding is not necessary but a major advantage.
- Critical thinker and able to interact with different teams.
- Degree in computer science or a related field.
- A positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player.
- Excited to learn new things and adaptable enough to enjoy a start-up environment.
- Technical programming skills.
- Project management skills.
- Their office and company culture is very relaxed and focused on results.
- They are an open and very friendly group.
- There is room to grow both in position and salary.
- There are dart contests, relaxing game room, and delicious fresh lunch provided every day.
- They’ve closed multiple rounds of funding and are looking to expand their team as they grow to cover all of Africa and North America.
- This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya. Candidates will be able to commute to the offices in Westlands (near Parklands).
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2539”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2539 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 9th December 2016
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.