Our client, a five star hotel in Nairobi, is looking for a Chief Accountant.
The successful candidate will be responsible to oversee the daily operations of accounting department including payroll, receiving and stores.
He / She will also assist in the preparation of financial operating statements and reports in accordance with Corporate Policy and Procedures as well as supervise and prepare month-end balance sheet account reconciliation and analysis.
MUST HAVE WORKED FOR A HOTEL!
- Implement the overall financial plans and accounting practices of HQ.
- Oversee financial and accounting systems controls and standards.
- Manage all financial aspects of trust funds, including replenishment requests, expense data, fund balances, and charging information.
- Conducts weekly cash counts of all cash funds.
- Proactively analyze and interpret financial data and recommends changes to improve systems.
- Ensure sufficient operating funds are securely held at all times.
- Advise Director of Finance & Operation Mgmt of any budget irregularities/potential fiscal problems.
- Monitor inventory counts to ensure for accuracy and balance with accounting records.
- Review all audits, vouchers, and tax returns submitted to the Dir. of Financial.
- Maintain record of insurance expenses that are bad debts.
- Analyze general ledger account on a monthly basis.
- Assist the Department of Human Resources with the recruitment of accounting staff .
- Train, motivate and conduct performance appraisals in coordination with the Training Department.
- Ensures all financial transactions are recorded with accepted accounting principles and established accounting policies and procedures.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting from a trusted institution.
- At least 4 years of accounting experience with at least 2 years in supervisory level.
- Familiarity with hotel operating systems and software.
- Good administrative, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Computer literate and proficient in English.
Monthly gross salary: Ksh. 180,000 – 200,000 ( Approx. 1,800 – 2,000 USD ) depending on experience and skills
Deadline: 16th November 2016
To apply, please follow the link:
Summit Recruitment & Search,
Blixen Court, Karen Road,
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.