Vacancy: Bancassurance Officer
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment?
The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the place for people who want to make the world a better place and achieve great things.
We are looking for a dynamic, creative, self-driven and highly motivated experienced professional with a good Knowledge of the principles and practices of bancassurance, keen, aware of market patterns and with a genuine interest of the Insurance Industry.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Bancassurance Officer will be charged with the responsibility of establishing and driving Bancassurance as a business line in Retail Banking Division.
In addition, the role holder will spearhead the growth of bancassurance business across the Bank channels through supporting delivery channels, develop operating standards and grow revenues for this line of business.
The successful jobholder will be expected to:
- Drive growth in Bancassurance business across and outside the bank channels.
- Prospect and market various insurance products to prospective clients and advice customers on the adequacy of cover requested for in relation to the policies available.
- Oversee the operational aspects of Bancassurance business at the branch i.e. underwriting, claims, finance and customer service as well as preparation quotations, negotiating terms for customers and closing sales.
- Ensure all collaterals and assets that have the Bank interest are properly and comprehensively insured and the Bank’s interest properly noted.
- Ensure that the Bank, customers and staff insurable assets insured under the branch are renewed on time and that the premium is paid up.
- Carry out market research and provide customer feedback to our head office Bancassurance team for the development of new products and enhancement of existing ones to suite the various market segments.
- Ensure that all queries on technical insurance issues from customers and branch staff are addressed promptly while providing technical guidance.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and internal procedures in regard to bancassurance business.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
The successful jobholder will be required to possess the following qualifications:-
- University Degree preferably in a business field from a recognized University with at least two years working experience in bancassurance/insurance industry.
- Professional qualification in insurance or good progress in ACII or DIP.
- 2 Years insurance marketing and/or underwriting experience.
- Exposure to Insurance products in the bank set-up with knowledge of the Bank’s set standards, policies and the operating manual.
- Excellent communicator with ability to work effectively in a diversified set up and in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Proven ability to respond quickly, independently and appropriately to competing priorities under tight deadlines
- Personal organization and thoroughness coupled with the ability to work under minimum supervision with good Judgment and decision making skills.
- Knowledgeable in compiling data and preparing a variety of reports as well as ability to verify the accuracy of documents
How to Apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com indicating the job reference number BO/3/RB/2016 by 1st December, 2016.