Co-operative Bank of Kenya
Fixed Income and Money Market Trader
Are you outgoing, enthuastic and a highly motivated professional with a genuine interest in financial markets and looking for an opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced environment?
If yes, The Co-operative Bank of Kenya “The Kingdom Bank” is the ideal place for you, here, you will find growth opportunities at every step of your career.
This position presents you with the opportunity to grow and develop an exciting career that will allow you to utilize your knowledge of the treasury functions, the financial sector, banking services and capital markets to make valuable contributions within the Treasury sector.
Reporting to the Head, Money Markets, the role holder will be responsible for ensuring effective delivery of the full array of Money market and fixed income solutions.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Manage the bank’s daily cash and clearing operations in all Central Bank of Kenya accounts for both local and domestic foreign currency accounts.
- Undertake money market funding activities to ensure that the bank’s accounts in Kenya and overseas are adequately funded to meet the banks daily obligations and settlements.
- Manage the RTGS payment system & control real time payments to ensure customer satisfaction & compliance with RTGS rules by the Central Bank local clearing accounts, intraday liquidity facility (ILF) and Domestic Foreign currency (DFCC) accounts and East Africa Payments accounts.
- Engage in money market dealing with the permitted instruments including, Treasury Bills and Bonds, Repurchase agreements, Horizontal repos and vertical repo’s and other approved tools as per the investment policy while adhering to approved counter party limits as per existing procedure.
- Manage the risks generated in trading, by working within the established parameters and rules appropriate to the trading product.
- Network with internal customers & external market counterparts, in order to solicit customers’ feedback, gain market intelligence, benchmark trading techniques, and enhance the Bank’s profile in the market.
- Contribute to building the bank’s reputation in the international and local markets through personally demonstrating high level of professionalism at all times.
- Negotiate and price customer deposits in conjunction with the major liability relationship centers and branches with the view to control the overall cost of funds.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Business related field with at least 4 year experience in banking, two of which must be in direct foreign exchange & money market trading and treasury operations.
- Certified Foreign Exchange and Money Market Dealer (ACI).
- Good understanding of micro and macroeconomics to interpret likely currency and interest rate trends both locally and on the international markets.
- Knowledge of local and international market events and their likely impact on currency and interest rates.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills twinned with an active and avid interest in finance & trading.
- Excellent negotiation and decision making skills as well as be an excellent communicator with the ability to set and meet stretched targets and deadlines.
- Good understanding of the CBK and Banking prudential guidelines and their implications on the organization.
How to Apply:
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com indicating the job reference number FIMMT/FSD/2016 by 24th November, 2016.